Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't been on holiday since I was 15 and am desperate to go on one. I don't want to go on my own and the only people free and without kids are my parents so i'd have to go to centre parcs or somewhere mainland. Is that sad?

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you want to go then go, you can do your own thing while there. When i was younger I use to go with my other side of the family, and apparently the girl who i use to hangout with back then still goes every year, she is now 31 and goes on her own with parents.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Why does it matter if others think it is sad? If you want to go and would rather be with them than go alone, then go with them. If you get on with people well and would enjoy their company on a holiday, it shouldn't matter what age / relation they are.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
No, I think its pretty normal. My family still does family vacations... its nice I probably couldn't afford to go anywhere on my own right now. I've done lots of traveling alone, with friends and with family. Most people I know still do some traveling with family. I think you might be feeling upset because you don't have other people to go with you, but no one else will know that. They will just assume its a family vacation.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I go on holiday with my parents and I'm 28. I enjoy the places my parents like, we always go somewhere within the UK. I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled about center parcs though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not even a little bit, actually I think it's kind of great. Having a strong bond with your parents is pretty rad, my mum wants to take me to Scotland one day.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't think so. We don't just grow up and then suddenly stop being able to spend time with our family.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No it's not sad, I think it would be healthy and fun for all of you. And if you really don't want to go, I'll go in your place! :b:clap

·
Registered
580 Posts
I love to go on Holidays with my mom and family.. i have other holidays where i go with my friends but i always love some family time.. no it isnt sad.. may be we should actually make a holiday group .. Like Europe Holiday group.. North america Holiday group ... and stuff. :D

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
I'm a few years older than you and go on vacation with my parents almost every year. It's no biggie. Especially if you get there and realize you were glad to go.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
It's sad when people suddenly STOP going on holidays and spending time with family imo.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Go for it. I love going on holiday with my parents. I'm not exactly an extrovert so I prefer just being able to relax.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not sad at all go. I like my parents and enjoy spending time with them. I went on vacation with them until 22 when I got married. My sister went even after getting married only stopped when she started having kids.

There is a girl I know who is 38 engaged and has a bunch of friends and she went to Las Vegas with her parents a couple of months ago.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Last time I went on a trip was with my mother. I see nothing wrong with it, have nobody else to go anywhere with (and no desire/ability to travel completely on my own anyway!). :stu

I see nothing sad about it. It could show you're close to your family. :) I think lots of people even without SA go on vacation with parents and whatnot. (The trip I went on with my mother was to visit my brother and his family...and his wife's parents spent some time with us too!)

·
In my box
909 Posts
yes at our age it is preety sad but I can still enjoy myself because i don't care (that much) what othe ppl think. I prefer gooing with my parents compared to not going on holiday at all

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't think it's sad. I go on family holidays all the time and I love it. I prefer it to going with family because friends can let you down and ruin your holiday.

As I get older, I realise just how precious family is and how they may not always be there so enjoy the time together.

If you do feel embarrased telling people it's with your parents, just say family. Most people don't enquire too much into it.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Go on the holiday with your parents - enjoy what time you have with them, because they won't be around forever.

I understand where you're coming from, though. I'm hesitant about this too, but not because it's 'with my parents'... It's because I would feel like a third wheel. My interest is in going on vacation with someone, not with a couple (even if that 'couple' is family).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts