Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i went to work 35 days ago, and they made me shave. After I finished shaving, I stupidly took some toilet paper(it was still in the dispenser for the toilet paper), and not knowing if it was used it or not. and got the shaving cream off my face,and yes there was more than one cut for the something to get into it. if there was something like guy stuff or girl stuff on there, whould I have a chance of getting a std from it? I don't know how long it was setting there. There's no sign of any other stds.

Is it just my ocd screwing with me?

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Okay, so i went to work 35 days ago, and they made me shave. After I finished shaving, I stupidly took some toilet paper(it was still in the dispenser for the toilet paper), and not knowing if it was used it or not. and got the shaving cream off my face,and yes there was more than one cut for the something to get into it. if there was something like guy stuff or girl stuff on there, whould I have a chance of getting a std from it? I don't know how long it was setting there. There's no sign of any other stds.

yeah, I think you're being a little paranoid, dude.

·
insert witty comment here
6,159 Posts
I agree. Sounds like you are panicking. Dont worry!

Why would you not know if toilet paper was used? I think you would have been able to tell if it had been used.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Sounds like you are panicking. Dont worry!

Why would you not know if toilet paper was used? I think you would have been able to tell if it had been used.
I was in a hurry at the time. I don't know usually I'm good at noticing the small details.

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine. For future reference though, whenever I need to do anything like that, I always tear off the already-hanging squares beforehand.

·
Registered
527 Posts

I think if it was still in the dispenser then you're OK. I'd hope that "in the dispenser" means "not used". If not, then it's probably time to find somewhere else to work. :eek:

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
You're fine, even if there was "stuff" on there.

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
You seem a lot like me :D I over worry about a lot of similar things. I definitely have a phobia of germs :(

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
HIV doesn't survive outside of its optimal environment (i.e. select body fluids) for very long. Once the fluid is gone, the virus is gone as well. So unless the piece of tissue you were using was sopping wet with someone else's body fluids, you're fine. And if it was sopping wet with body fluids, then you really need to re-evaluate what you're using to wipe your face with.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
HIV doesn't survive outside of its optimal environment (i.e. select body fluids) for very long.
This was my understanding as well. HIV is a very fragile virus and dies quickly when outside of the body. I wouldn't worry too much about the tissue being contaminated.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
As a side note, you shouldn't share or borrow razors (don't know if you did or not). While it's almost impossible to get HIV from a razor, Hep C likes to make the rounds on things like that (blood on razors, nail clippers, toothbrushes), although the chances of getting Hep C from a razor are still very small.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
remember to carry your own napkins and hand sanitizer with you all the time

oh, and always wash you hands after you touch subway poles

why, you ask?

here's why:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
and, umm, if you need to take a dump and stuff, don't forget to cover the toilet seat with toilet paper...
you wouldn't want someone's urine and fecal matter particles to touch your skin would you

Yeah, you can wipe the seat with it, but bacteria is still there, only detergent can kill it...

·
Registered
186 Posts
isn't urine sterile? if you get bitten by a jellyfish, you're supposed to pee on it. Cat's saliva is sterile. Sometimes things seem like they'd be dirty, but they're not.

Don't worry about it. It's not like you were in a public gas station restroom in some hillbilly town.

·
insert witty comment here
6,159 Posts
Look, it is really not that easy to catch HIV in a public toilet. The virus dies pretty quickly when in contact with air.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
If you're really worried about it that much, go get an HIV test. You probably have nothing to worry about but if it will put your mind at ease to know for a fact that you don't have HIV, it's worth it, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts