Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have had a falling out with a friend... I sent her an e-mail last night and just got it back today. The address is correct... here's what the message said:

"failure notice"

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
<
Connected to 76.96.30.116 but greeting failed.
Remote host said: 554 IMTA05.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net comcast 98.137.26.181 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://help.comcast.net/content/faq/BL000000
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.
Did the person "block" me? How is it that it would take so long to return? I sent it out @4pm last night and just got it now, a day later at 5:30pm? What gives? I just sent another e-mail, so is it going to go to her spam folder or bounce back?

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
that's strangely written for a robot, rather human-like.

i'm guessing it may have automatically detected it as spam.

do you mean you had the falling out before you sent the email, and that the email was related to the falling out?
if it wasn't a big falling out i don't really think she'd block you unless you were incessantly sending her emails when she refused to respond...

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind. I was wrong. She just e-mailed me back. Thank goodness! That's so weird how that happened! Talk about anxiety going through the roof! I hate being such a spazz!

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I've had that message before. It's yahoo trying to be amusing (but actually ends up being infuriating when I'm trying to email someone and I keep getting their goddamn cutesy autoreply).

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ironically, it was an e-mail that I regretted having sent out anyway. I was kind of depressed at the time, and was a little too "honest" with my friend over a couple of issues. I tend to get that way when down... a sort I don't give a **** so I'll tell it as it is attitude. So I'm actually glad it didn't go through. Heh, I'm counting my blessings - lesson learned! Never sulk and type!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts