Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Why does it have to be 19? So ur 80 and u still find 19 yrs old attractive?
What does this have to do with me? I was just pulling a random number out. The older you get the less acceptable it is to be broke and living with your parents especially if it's not a temporary situation. Even I feel a bit weird living with roommates when I should have my own place by now.

On a more serious note, of course its possible. It all depends how much you care about it, I mean I know a lot of guys who do this on a regular basis and I've done it (I've even brought girls to my grandparents house, while they were home).

Not a single **** given. Things only get weird if you make them weird, just do your thing, you're a grown man.

(of course the above is not preferable, but you work with what you have at the time)

Just be sure of yourself, thats all. Not currently working, being a bit broke is pretty damn irrelevant, you can still do things and have fun, its just entirely on how you see it. If you explain it to a girl all negative like "yeah I'm a losa im totally broke with no job" then you're ****ed. But if you're real about it and just say you're taking a break from things with a smile and some conviction then you have nothing to worry about. Make yourself comfortable with your situation and other people will see it, if you're uncomfortable and awkward about it, then thats what people will see/feel too.

As long as the guy was working toward getting a job/money/own place then I would be fine with it. If he was basically a leech off his parents with no plans to better himself, then what's to say he wouldn't leech off me too?

You're 19... oh please man! please!!! Most 19 year olds have no job, no money and live with their parents!!!

19 is when you are suppose to be working on getting an education or career so by the time you are 23/24 you can REALLY move out on your own.

At least you aren't like some other girls. Oh, it's all about the personality!

Now what if the guy is physically attractive and in his 20s? :)
Yeah komorikun likes "keepin it real." I think it's very possible, especially if you're still under 30.
It really helps having your own place, but not all women will find it a deal breaker if you don't. The guys with the looks, confidence and attitude always had girlfriends when they were still living with parents that I knew.

Even this one guy I used to work with, who looked like a goblin from lord of rings and never brushed his teeth had multiple nice looking girlfriends while living at home. He was loud, brash and acted like his was gods gift to women and always chatted and approached them though!

Some girls will just take what they can get, if no guy they actually like takes an interest in them. Got to just try and improve and get over this ****, living at home still is more of an excuse than a reason. But if you're over say 25 - 30 then it's tougher for sure.

They can definitely get a girl, but then, definitely expect your options to be limited. At age 19, its nothing at all. Its totally fine for many then to be unemployed, not have much money and live with their family.

At my age however, its a much bigger deal.

The only realistic way I see myself getting a girl is with an arranged marriage with a girl from my home country. :/

That is because in my culture, its completely acceptable for the girl to live with the guy's parents and most marriages are like that. Plus, she'll also be attracted with a "green card" as "bait". Of course, its the polar opposite with "western" girls who think you are a loser for living with your parents still. It sounds like I'd have to cross all "western" girls off my list or somehow get the courage to actually move out on my own to even have a chance with one. :afr Something would have to give!

No. What are you going to do for dates? Bring her back to your parents house to have your mom cook dinner for you and watch a movie awkwardly with your parents? I'll be the bad guy here and tell you the truth. Even when you have your own place and a job dating is hard as hell with social anxiety. Being unemployed, no money, living with parents with SA = impossible.

For me I feel like its not possible because it means walking in pubs alone talking to girls.. "wheres your friends?" yeah, then Id leave... I cannot be sociable around others but thats just me doomed.

I used to have a chance, now I'm probably too old. Watching my youth pass me by was the worst feeling.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.