Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I'm unemployed, broke, living with my parents, got nothing happening in life, very few if any friends, and no foreseeable future. Is it even possible for such a guy to attract girls?

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I can help you with that, but how about trying getting some help, such as food stamps or other benefits.
Cuz girls really dig food stamps

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on how old he is and if he is physically attractive. If he's only 19 and cute, sure. If he is 30 and rather ugly, I think not.
I'm 19 and fairly average looking

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
So basically I'm unemployed, broke, living with my parents, got nothing happening in life, very few if any friends, and no foreseeable future. Is it even possible for such a guy to attract girls?
There are women like that too. So, sure.

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
I have a job, go to school and live on my own. I would never date a guy who didn't do anything with his life. I'm not expecting the guy I date to have a college degree, make $50k a year and have his **** figured out, but c'mon, at least get a job at the Gap.

Yeah, you could probably find a girl in the same situation, but where would you meet her? What would you do? You'd have to go out to get to know each other, no?

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Yup, it's possible. You'd have to find a girl who liked your personality and was attracted to you physically. Try the internet maybe. There are some girls on SAS who are in the same boat as you, I'm sure.

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. Tbh I think you are asking the wrong question. Getting a girl should be the last of the issues you have to deal with right now. If you can't like yourself (based on your post it does seem like you have a low self-esteem) then it's going to make it pretty tough getting a good chick. So work on yourself first.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got my most recent ex, under those conditions, except I was in school. There's guys in my old neighborhood who got girls, without having anything going for them. But if I could do it, you can do it.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
you can do it. i go to school full time, drive a ****ty *** car, live with my dad and work barely 20 hours per week on minimum wage yet i still manage to date. in fact, not once has money EVER came up with ANY of the girls I've ever talked to, EVER. I've been turned down by girls who want something more probably (only online). No girl has ever told me she turned me down in person because of how much money I make. How could they know? They turned me down BEFORE they found out about how much money I make. money has such little effect with me getting a girlfriend I don't even ****ing think about it. if i wasn't trying to better my situation then that would really bother me though

But then again, I'm not looking to get married either. Who the hell would want to get married flat broke anyway? I wouldn't. The girls I date are also in my similar situation with college as well so there is no difference between us beyond a minor age gap. if i was to try and date a girl who's established then it would probably matter. basically, not everyone is "established" to a degree to care...BUT i would suggest trying to do something with your life because that is not attractive and i wouldn't even want to date a girl that had no goals or ambitions for the future.

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a job, go to school and live on my own. I would never date a guy who didn't do anything with his life. I'm not expecting the guy I date to have a college degree, make $50k a year and have his **** figured out, but c'mon, at least get a job at the Gap.

Yeah, you could probably find a girl in the same situation, but where would you meet her? What would you do? You'd have to go out to get to know each other, no?
It's not like Im not trying to get a job, I am. I've submitted countless job applications and still nothing, hell I even applied to be a goddamn dishwasher at some restaurant. But even if a rare girl did have a soft spot for some down and out guy like myself, what the hell is there that we could do for free?

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
Depends on how old he is and if he is physically attractive. If he's only 19 and cute, sure. If he is 30 and rather ugly, I think not.
lol at the bolded part... Im 19 and cute-ish (kinda) but im still single

i think u have to at least have a job, a licence, and a car OP... but that shouldnt really take that long to get... u didnt say in the OP if u had a car or a licence so assuming u do and all ur looking for is a job then ur pretty close

1 - 20 of 61 Posts