Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Hip Hop the only music genre where untalented artists get rich and famous? In classical music, it's either you can play the instrument great or you can't. I don't know why but somehow gimmick rappers have manage a way to get a lot of money while their material is garbage and they are not skillful in the hip hop genre. And I'm tired of idiots who can't tell the difference and say it's all the same. Are they deaf? The fans who buy garbage gimmick music must be because they are making the wrong people rich. Some fool from this site told me that lil jon and young jeezy are better than Nas because they have better delivery and a better voice and they put more energy to what they are saying. The first one is what I consider real hip hop and the 2nd is a joke and a disgrace to not only hip hop but music in general. The 1st one has less than 24,000 views while the gimmick rap music has millions. It doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not a big fan of Hip Hop. But I think you're right, the people who don't have any talent who sing meaningless songs with absurd lyrics are the ones that the majority listens to. I am surprised with the second one having more views when it is just talking about women shaking their stuff or something like that. While the second one to me seems like it actually meant something for the artist.

I always had the idea that hip-hop was supposed to reflect hardships of life and overcoming them but I am not educated on this genre so not really sure. All I can say is that you are right.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a big fan of Hip Hop. But I think you're right, the people who don't have any talent who sing meaningless songs with absurd lyrics are the ones that the majority listens to. I am surprised with the second one having more views when it is just talking about women shaking their stuff or something like that. While the second one to me seems like it actually meant something for the artist.

I always had the idea that hip-hop was supposed to reflect hardships of life and overcoming them but I am not educated on this genre so not really sure. All I can say is that you are right.
it's not what they rap about but how they rap about it, the actual words, the 2nd one is louder and more repetitive while at times not even making sense, it's like the stupider the music is the more popular it is, the guys in the 2nd video look weird as hell and have goofy dances

No idea's original, there's nothin new under the sun
It's never what you do but how it's done
What you base your happiness around- material, women, and large paper
That means you inferior, not major

·
Dogra Magra
2,862 Posts
nah, there are lots of schmucks in classical music who think yelling out high notes or banging on the keys = explosive performance. most untrained ears can't tell the difference anyway. but if you have a basic grasp of the english language it shouldn't be hard to tell the diff between good lyrics and bad ones.

fwiw i think a lot of rappers (and popular music artists in general) are successful because of the image they project, and not necessarily the quality of their music itself.

·
Melomaniac
103 Posts
No, it's definitely not only hip hop. The charts have been cluttered with generic popular music pretty much since the beginning of popular music itself. However, there are also tons of talented artists that have gone mainstream, so it's not that black and white.

Also, who cares about Youtube plays? Classics like Nas' "Illmatic" will still be remembered in decades while nobody will even know Lil' Jon's name. Lame club hits may seem more successful at the time they are released, but only the good stuff will survive in the long run.

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
I think it happens in all of music but I do agree is particularly "interesting" in hip hop.

Before:

One red whip After:

·
Registered
955 Posts
NAS is way better then lil wayne. Old school rap is not bad IMO and im not a rap fan.

Only rapper now thats ok is Eminem because he still has some of that old school vib to his music.

But what p***** as music today is shocking. There are so many great bands that will never have a huge fallowing or get alot of radio time these days.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Pop is a gateway for untalented artists. Hip hop is a good one too because both involve crap pressed out of a factory anus and shoved onto the radio. Even popular artists with a modicum of talent hit it big with gawdawful songs.

·
The Explorer
686 Posts
if its so easy and requires no talent why don't you go make your millions broooooooooooooooo

its all about supply and demand. if there is demand you are doing something right. what you want him to work in mcdonalds instead of making millions because you don't think what he is doing is sophisticated enough.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
No, it's not only hip-hop, but it's definitely most noticeable in this genre. With electronic music being so cheap and easy to produce, the amount of recycling and sampling with marginal creativity and knowledge of even rudimentary music theory has translated itself into unsatisfying tracks in just about every genre, so it's definitely not just hip-hop that has ****tards making too much money for minimal contribution to the advancement of music in their respected genres.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You make a living fast using gimmick rhyming schemes and sell your fake product to drug fiends in the streets for cream, shootouts with police leave your peeps buried six feet deep, so never believe the american dream is what it's seems to be

1 - 16 of 16 Posts