Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong. I am a highly disorganized person. But sometimes I will just find myself cleaning all the clutter on my computer or something similar and there is something therapeutic about doing this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i feel you haha, it's probably just because we feel like we're doing something productive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I keep my computer files meticulously organized. My desktop never suffers from a build up of icons - in fact, it has no icons. I regularly delete files and programs I no longer look at or use, and find it extremely enjoyable. Sometimes I wish my computer was a mess so I can organize it all over again.

But that wouldn't work, because if something was that messy, I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to just wipe it clean/destroy it and start over. I, too, find that extremely therapeutic.

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enjoy doing this too. Try to make sense of the chaos like I'm organizing a virtual warehouse.
Holy crap. You've used the exact word that came to my mind when creating this thread! It's like you're living in this chaotic world (your mind), but organizing your files gives you some sense of control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts