Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need some advice... I'm going back to school next week but I'm really not sure if it would be a good idea for me to look for a job while going to school or not. I never had a job before and I'm 21 years old. I'm afraid it will be a big mistake if I do decide to work b/c I'm a business major and I'm going to be in a lot of math related courses(math is not exactly my forte) not to mention my SA makes the whole job search and interviewing process alot more complicated. I know that it will be difficult for me but I feel like I'm wasting time by not getting a job and earning some income, I'm at an age where I should have some experience by now. On one hand, I don't want to risk my GPA dropping but on the other hand, I feel like I'm putting myself behind by not having a job and some sense of independence at my age. Iplan on working MWF from (12:00-4 or 5) if my potential employer would allow. Its now or never for me!!!

Should I wait to find a job or see if a part-time job would work out?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Finding a part time job now would be best. You could end up working with people that might be or have contacts down the road. Learning how to manage time would also be beneficial.

Is this job in anyway related to what you want to do? Or is it for the money?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do it. Hopefully you will have a positive experience like I had with my first job, but even if its not that great you will feel more capable. 15 hours a week isn't that much. Hopefully you will have fun and not get behind in school. What does the job involve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts