Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting Bach's remedy since its alcohol. i know this is bad but my doctor won't prescribe me beta blockers and i have panic attacks when I read aloud, so my resort is any sort of sedative i can find because I don't think I can get through it without one. Is there anything else I can do? I really wish it didn't have to come to this but they believe I can get over it through just cbt which I believe but I I need to overcome the physical symptoms before I can get over the fear completely. the physical shaking etc is what makes scares me the most

·
Registered
2 Posts
some ideas

I am a person who is much older than you and has suffered off and on for many years. Here is my advice: Find a Dr who cares. No Alcohol, it will make things worse. Ask for a small prescription of Xanex (.25) to get you through the tough times. Yes, cognitive therapy helps, but when your nerves are shot it is very difficult to overcome. There is an older anti-depressant called Imipramine which is very cheap and it works for anxiety very well. It has side affects, but if you start out on a very low dose ( under .25) and slowly work it up to say .100 it will eventually be effective. Once your anxiety has been removed, you can drop the dose down to a maintenance level. But first find a Dr who truly understands what you are experiencing. Once you have the anxiety under control, start working with the cognitive therapy. It works a lot better when you are not feeling so crummy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts