Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here the loser of the bunch or in the family, now I don't mean because of your inept ability to function in social situations due to SA.

I know that it's the main cause but I mean if you are someone who's insulted on a regular basis because you often say something stupid or retarded, or maybe you can't stop talking cause you need someone to like you etc.
It feels like I'll have my moments every now and again but most the time people see me as the idiot or the loser, I can tell even when they talk to me.

I got bullied at school, at work at one point or just made fun of till they accepted me but same time I was a friend but not a friend.
People always try to give me advice on the most basic things and try to help me like I'm clueless even though I don't want it. I feel like my personality is a bit immature even though at times I can be an adult more the people I know.

I feel like even if I'd met you lot I would be treated the same any where I go I get a sense that I'm gonna be the one that's eventually stepped on or have people turn their backs on.
I've changed alot for a while now I can talk to anyone I'm about 60% cured but still have the odd anxiety I still feel it when talking to people, I don't date, basically it's alot better compared to before, I rarely go outside during the day.
I've been trying my best to live like the lone wolf at the moment but it's difficult

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I've changed alot for a while now I can talk to anyone I'm about 60% cured but still have the odd anxiety I still feel it when talking to people, I don't date, basically it's alot better compared to before, I rarely go outside during the day.
I've been trying my best to live like the lone wolf at the moment but it's difficult
Wow! You should congratulate yourself, that is awesome! I don't think I am the 'loser' per se, I know I'm by no means 'cool'. I have pretty bad anxiety and people treat me strangely when they notice I actually do talk... with my kind of weird accent with the stuttering and whathaveyou. If there were a social hierarchy I don't even think I would be placed on it, and to be honest I'm not that concerned about that. I just try on focus on getting better, willing myself to talk to people when I need to... that sort of thing.

I am definitely living the Lone Wolf life at the moment, and let me tell you, it is difficult. But my only alternative is having friends that I really don't have anything in common with, and constantly worrying about what they think of me. So in a way it's a relief, even though you're between a rock and a hard spot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts