Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm currently taking 150mg of Zoloft. I am wondering if anyone here has a positive experience taking Zoloft. I have been on this medication for 3 months with no results?:no

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yep Im supposed to be on 100mgs, but Im finding 50mgs works better for me.
My experience first started off at an 8 on a scale of how bad anxiety was (10 being worst).

For the first month or 2, I was at a 10. Then all of a sudden. It dropped to a 5. I still had little anxiety but I didnt panic. Now my mood is stable at about a 6, but I do think perhaps its getting worst because Ive missed a few days worth.

I did have some side effects the first couple of months, such as dizziness, unable to concentrate, bad nightmares, night sweats, panic. But they all have stopped.

I was able to go out of the house and see people without panicking.

Medication doesnt work the same on everyone. Keep at it if its not causing you any distress or horrible side effects. It might kick in. If it doesnt, then you could try something else?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I went to 300 mg with no results.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
On 100mg a day and it really has made such a massive difference for me. First 8 weeks were nothing but side effects but as Aurora almost overnight it suddenly kicked in and really started doing its thing. Went from waking up every morning feeling like utter crap and being really down in myself to waking up with a spring in my step and feeling confident about making progress with my SA instead of feeling sorry for myself.

Of course with these drugs they affect everyone differently but I would say if you have been on it as long as you have with no positive outcome then it probably has not done the trick for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took it for a year at 100 mg, it did work for depression, but I have bipolar disorder as well so it sent me into mania eventually and I had to go off of it.

It also helped with situational panic attacks, a little for social phobia, but not as good as klonopin but a good med if you're not prone to mania or hypomania IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts