Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I was unemployed for a few months in the past. It was a catch-22. You finally had all the time in the world to do whatever you wanted. But no monies or reason to get up in the morning. After a while it got so depressing. I think a person needs a job or be in school to stay sane. Or just have lots of money so you can actually do the things you like. Free time with no money = cabin fever.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was unemployed for a few months in the past. It was a catch-22. You finally had all the time in the world to do whatever you wanted. But no monies or reason to get up in the morning. After a while it got so depressing. I think a person needs a job or be in school to stay sane. Or just have lots of money so you can actually do the things you like. Free time with no money = cabin fever.
Lol agree with this. Wish I was a millionaire or atleast had a job I enjoyed.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
*raises hand*

·
Introverted T-Shirt Ninja
339 Posts
*raises both hands and both feet just for the heck of it, that's "extreme agreement" right there. :b*

Should really change that soon, although I've been saying that non-stop for 3 years. :no
I blame inertia. :teeth

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
:tiptoe

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
The internet solves most of those problems. Cable TV fills in the blanks if you're interested. Working sucks. Especially when you don't have the intellect and/or the lifestyle preference to go much higher than minimum wage (that's no comment on you but it describes me perfectly). You're basically working your fingers to the bone just so people won't call you lazy. **** that. Nobody is ever gonna convince me I'm imagining things.

Work is for people who want to live but don't realize they aren't really living when they have to dedicate their lives to their job in order to do it right. That sounds a little backwards but it really isn't and everyone knows it. My sister is a nurse. She has a nice house and all that stuff. She's never happy. She keeps trying to make herself happy but deep down she hates her job and all the responsibilities. (she'd never admit it but I've known her for more than 30 years. I think I know her well enough). What good is a nice house when it's empty most of the time? What good is a nice car when it's only function is to carry you back and forth to work? You can't really enjoy any of it's amenities. The only good thing you can really say about it is if you have a nice car, it probably won't break down on you and you won't get yelled at by your BOSS (interesting word, when you think about it) for having a crappy car that breaks down.

And then, when you finally get some time off, you get in your nice car and you go to the store and you buy some food so you can eat breakfast in the mornings before you go to work and replenish yourself in the evenings when you come home from work. Once a year (if you're lucky) you get a vacation. If you're real lucky, you'll get a paid vacation. It's a desirable benefit for a reason. It's the only real free time you ever get.

Do I feel guilty for not working or making any effort to? Not one damn bit. I'll live this way as long as I can.

·
Koala Crisp
1,885 Posts
I am at the moment. I've procrastinated hard this summer and ended up not working. And i'm out of education this year so there's nothing else to occupy me right now. It's something I can sort out with a little effort though. And I am going crazy at home so need to do it

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd rather work 4 days @ 10 hours per day than 5 days a week.

Once a year (if you're lucky) you get a vacation. If you're real lucky, you'll get a paid vacation.
This one is the devil... it's actually a teaser, even if you get paid leave! It's like a constant reminder every year of just how much you hate your job.

·
Hot Garbage Stew
1,473 Posts
Yup. Can't even get a job at MacDonald's around here. Not that I ever want to work there, but if a job opens there I have no choice but to take it, unless I want to be unemployed for another year.

·
Omnomnom...
63 Posts
Yes. :< Really confused about what to do with my life atm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts