Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty interested in astrology for a while. Leos are supposed to be showy, and they always like to be the center of attention, they are leaders and entertainers. Ha ha, I was just wondering whether any SAers here are actually Leo, and whether the astrological description fits your personality.

I'm a virgo, and I think my description fits me: analytical and methodical, shy and modest

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,470 Posts
Being an astrology buff, I can kinda relate with having a Leo ascendant, so... wanting the attention all the time, like most cats are wont to do, Leos can be quite entertaining, jovial, friendly, or be the usual shy pussycat. :p (I hope that didn't sound obscene).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Right here. A true example of a Leo. It fits me to a T.
The thing is, that's the other me, the one that loves attention, being in the center of it, has passion for entertaining and being a leader, talkative and what not...right here I am.

It's just that I can't show it, I can't release it and unleash it but I know that's me, that's been me prior to the SA and that's the real freaking me, it's just that that me, the old me, he's buried inside of me and I don't think my activity level right now doesn't resemble a turtle, let alone a human, let alone a Leo. The guy I once was, full of energy, passionate, a true and a proud Leo...he's just dead...or on life support machines at best.
I only vaguely remember him though, the new guy has totally taken over and it's been such a long time. Will the Leo me ever resurrect? I sure hope so.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm Leo too.. and totally not showy and hating to be in the center of attention...

Strangely enough, my Chinese zodiac is the Monkey, and that's supposed to be showy too

Astrology is, uhm, inaccurate, it seems...

·
Banned
6,986 Posts
ThomP said:
Astrology is, uhm, inaccurate, it seems...
no no...please believe me...there is truth in the stars ;) ...thats why we wish upon one that falls...you can also tell a lot by looking at someone's palm...even their eyes sometimes :um

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
I love Leos. End of story :)

[EDIT: Wait, not really... If you take astrology at all seriously you must consider what your rising sign (also known as ascendant) is as well... Your rising sign more often dictates how you behave outwardly (for example, I have a Virgo ascendant, thus I have a tendency to be more modest in social situations than a typical Aquarius would). Astrodienst -- http://www.astro.com/ -- is a great site with free birth charts and in-depth daily horoscopes that will tell you most of what you want to know.]

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[EDIT: Wait, not really... If you take astrology at all seriously you must consider what your rising sign (also known as ascendant) is as well... Your rising sign more often dictates how you behave outwardly (for example, I have a Virgo ascendant, thus I have a tendency to be more modest in social situations than a typical Aquarius would). Astrodienst -- http://www.astro.com/ -- is a great site with free birth charts and in-depth daily horoscopes that will tell you most of what you want to know.]
I have an Aquarius ascendant, lol.

I love Leos. End of story
I love leos too! I was obsessed with a Leo for a while, cause I wanted to be like him so much, he was the typical leo-outgoing, entertaining, showy. Some of the idols I used to look up to were Geri Halliwell (August 6) and Madonna (August 16).

·
Registered
45 Posts
My stepbrother is a leo too, a few days away. He's the leo you read about. He's never been blemished with sa. I think i lean more into my moon-sign (the way we see ourselves rather than the sun sign, the way others see us) and mine's cancer. eh..

·
Registered
996 Posts
sometimes im a leo, sometimes im a virgo, different publications give slightly different dates for when leo ends and virgo begins, therefore i call myself a veo (sounds better than a Lirgo).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there! I am a leo. I think some characteristics of a leo person do fit me and I do like to be the centre of attention but I have social anxiety and I believe there might be more leo people like me who feel like this. So I think the fact that "all Leos are outgoing and party-person" isn't true for all

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm a Leo, but in astrology you have to consider your ascendant sign which your birth chart is sort of filtered through (as I understand it) so you may not fit a typical idea of a Leo. It also depends which astrology system you are using as I'm actually a Cancer in Sidereal astrology.

I have Leo characteristics but I probably could relate to other characteristics of each and every zodiac sign. Astrology is fun, interesting and makes you reflect on yourself, but don't take it too seriously 😀

1 - 20 of 27 Posts