Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one? I really think that the two sexes have their own worlds, at least when it comes to being around our own kind. I have read stories on the internet about how girl bullies attack mostly other girls and vice versa.

Boys bully other boys more often and girls bully other girls more often, but not always. The article said that girls bully differently, such as spreading gossip and rumors, and excluding other girls from parties or whatnot. Boys are more physical, apparently.

Also, when it comes to workplace bullying (I've read a lot about that on bullying websites back when I was in school) women are more likely to bully other women in the workplace. I do believe that men and women are very different. Some people want to say that men and women are not very different. They want to say that men and women are the same, and all differences are due to culture, society, upbringing, etc. because we are taught from birth to behave like a "lady" or to "act like a man."

What do you guys think? I am curious, because I have been bullied and attacked in the past but now that I look back on it, it was mostly by other women or girls. Sure, boys tried to throw things at me and openly teased me, but other girls? They were the ones who gossiped, backstabbed, and did the passive-aggressive stuff.

Like, if a boy bullies, he doesn't try to steal your friends, turn your crush against you, spread lies and rumors, etc. he just beats you up and that is it. Show is over. Now, a girl? She turns others against you, she manipulates, she steals your friends and boyfriend, she does the passive-aggressive stuff. I often wonder about how men compete with each other and how they make enemies and get into fights. As a 20 year old woman, I am clueless.

I know that women mostly compete with looks. It's always about who is the prettiest, the thinnest, the youngest, or whatever. When women are hostile, it's mostly because they feel threatened by a better looking woman, right? What about men? What makes them tick? I have never really seen or heard of guys getting jealous or envious of other man because he has great hair, a better figure, or because he's younger or has "such great skin" even if the guy in question has a face full of acne or is fat or ugly. Women, they are different. What makes men because jealous of envious of another man? How do men fight and deal with rivalry and enemies? They don't spread gossip and rumors and stuff, do they? They just have a brawl and go home and it's over. Plus, I think women tend to dwell and dwell on things constantly. Like, they don't let things go.

I am fully aware though that women are taught to be less aggressive than men, and to not express anger. Women are generally viewed as being softer and kinder (HAH!) and men are encouraged to express their anger. When girls get into fights, it doesn't seem quite as rough as when guys get into fights. Girls pull hair and stuff.

Let the conversation/debate begin!

Oh, and I would like to add one more thing. I have noticed that males tend to make enemies with other males and females tend to make enemies with other females, especially when it comes to rivalry. I have never seen of or even heard of a male and female being a genuine rival, enemy, or competitor.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
inb4lock

·
Banned
12,909 Posts

·
Emotional Skyscraper
349 Posts
That's not what I said. Nobody behaves in the same way, and it's "foolish" to assume that all men behave the same way and all woman behave the same way.
Not all, but we have something called "norms", "learned behavior" and "group mentality" in our society.

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Nah, the group mentality will always stay in some form, I think.
That will, people always do whatever everyone else does. You hve a few people as role models "celebrities", everyone else in groups following them, dressing like them, talking like them...that won't ever change.

·
Banned
6,637 Posts
The article said that girls bully differently, such as spreading gossip and rumors, and excluding other girls from parties or whatnot. Boys are more physical, apparently.

Like, if a boy bullies, he doesn't try to steal your friends, turn your crush against you, spread lies and rumors, etc. he just beats you up and that is it. Show is over. Now, a girl? She turns others against you, she manipulates, she steals your friends and boyfriend, she does the passive-aggressive stuff.

How do men fight and deal with rivalry and enemies? They don't spread gossip and rumors and stuff, do they? They just have a brawl and go home and it's over. Plus, I think women tend to dwell and dwell on things constantly. Like, they don't let things go.
I'm just going to say that you're wrong about this. I've known a lot of guys who bully others using gossip, backstabbing, spreading rumours, cockblocking, passive-aggressiveness etc. And no, it doesn't always just end with a brawl. It can go on for many years.

·
Emotional Skyscraper
349 Posts
I'm just going to say that you're wrong about all of this. I've known a lot of guys who bully others using gossip, backstabbing, spreading rumours, cockblocking, passive-aggressiveness etc. They're called ****boys. And no, it doesn't always just end with a brawl. It can go on for many years.
You know the difference between "most" and "all", dont' cha?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts