Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably sounds mean, maybe annoyed isn't the word.

I guess it's just frustrating. Mine is always looking at me and when I catch her she quickly looks the other way like nothing just happened and it's so obvious that it's sad. Why does she always have to look at me? Am I some kind of biological specimen to be observed? And on top of that she is extremely passive aggressive about everything which makes it even more difficult to talk to her and I'm beginning to find it highly irritating.

Is anyone else having trouble with their roommates? Maybe I'm being too anal or I just need to get use to living with strangers. Sorry if i'm sounding like such a *****.

·
Registered
610 Posts
me and my roommate aren't exactly the best of friends. she goes out and partys, comes back at 3,4 in the morning, turns the tv on, and doesn't even pretend to be quiet even though i'm sleeping. i have all morning classes and i have to get up at 7ish, and of course thanks to her tv, i don't get enough sleep and go to classes with red eyes and sometimes sleep through lecture. but i got those ear plug things and a eye mask ( i think that's what it's called), so it's a little better

·
Registered
19 Posts
My roommate isnt bad. Just having a roommate annoys me. He could be the nicest guy in the world and i would still hate it because he prevents me from being alone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
outtamind said:
My roommate isnt bad. Just having a roommate annoys me. He could be the nicest guy in the world and i would still hate it because he prevents me from being alone.
:lol

Maybe this is my problem. Sometimes just her mere presence annoys me.

WhyMe888 said:
me and my roommate aren't exactly the best of friends. she goes out and partys, comes back at 3,4 in the morning, turns the tv on, and doesn't even pretend to be quiet even though i'm sleeping. i have all morning classes and i have to get up at 7ish, and of course thanks to her tv, i don't get enough sleep and go to classes with red eyes and sometimes sleep through lecture. but i got those ear plug things and a eye mask ( i think that's what it's called), so it's a little better
Wow, I would really be pissed if this was the case with me. My roommate definitely isn't that bad. If my roommate were like that I think we would have gotten into a huge argument by now. That is just unexceptable behavior.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the best roommate ever this year! He's hardly ever in the room during the day, never goes to parties and goes to bed just after 10 pm. :banana

·
Registered
92 Posts
I played the system and got a single for free! Yay for abusing residence life's stupidity and not having to deal with a roommate!!

If you want to know the technical details: I singed up for an honor house which I knew was over-full but got a letter from the director of the house stating I would be able to live in it before the end of last year. The honor house directors rarely coordinate with residence life so they only discovered the discrepancy late in the summer - I was the only man in the house so they kicked me out. To make up for their mistake residence life gave me a single for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts