Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated, living alone as an owner and not renter.

Does it not make things any easier socially by accomplishing a feat you can feel proud of?

By my calculations, I'll probably be able to to put a down payment on a rancher in about five years. I just have to keep my head up

I might not care if I'm single for the rest of my life if I can be proud to be fully independent.

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
Yes. I have a two bedroom full basement house with a double lot.

It feels great to be independent.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Right now I'm getting cracks in the walls and ceilings so I might be looking at major foundation work, which insurance doesn't cover. It's times like this I wish I was a renter.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I wish I never any houses/mortgages/bills. I feel like a slave to our (my) house. I was much happier when I was renting and did have the pressure of so many bills/payments. I'm hoping to sell soon. Getting others to agree with selling, is the hard part.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It sounds fun to own your own house because you could do anything you want under your roof. I wish i had my own house im only 16 so i still live with my parents but if i had my own house i would be smoking weed all day in the living room watching tv after work.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It sounds fun to own your own house because you could do anything you want under your roof. I wish i had my own house im only 16 so i still live with my parents but if i had my own house i would be smoking weed all day in the living room watching tv after work.
Actually, you have a point. My parents live with me for 6 months and 6 months they live in Europe. The six months living with them is a nightmare: no privacy, no cleansiness, we have to clean up after them, hate the sounds they make (I have misophonia), etc.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I own a four bedroom house with 11 acres of land free and clear. The independence is nice but it hasn't made me more social. I've lived here for over three years and I've never had a visitor or guest. I can't stand sitting here alone on the weekends either because I get so lonely and depressed. I usually can't wait to get back to work on Monday just to escape the loneliness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts