Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes my anger flares up for no discernible reason. I feel the "anger" or whatever one would call it come and although I'm not angry at anything, i know that if I stay around people or do something slightly stressful or challenging I'm going to get pissed off in a big way. It's not that I'm feeling anger at that point, but I feel my body going into some kind of mode that my mental triggers will start jumping right to annoyed and angry without the normal buffer. I guess my 'fuse' is shorter? But I feel it, like blood pumping. It's around those times I start pacing sometimes too. When this kicks in I get annoyed real easy and it's almost impossible to ignore things. Every little noise becomes irksome, every movement of nearby people grates on my nerves. It's almost like I'm PMSing (except I'm a guy and I don't think having monthly discharges of blood from between my legs would be a normal - or healthy - occurrence).

Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I can get angry for no reason when I spend to much time alone, I loose it around people but if I get to much time to myself I can just get mad for no reason.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know what you mean. I think it has more to do with frustration though because I'm more likely to get pissed off when I'm at work, just at random. Both anxiety and work make me frustrated and angry.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Being frustrated & miserable due to anxiety can translate into getting angry over minor issues. It's not really the trivial issue that has one mad, but rather all the other problems in your life.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with Ultrashy. I think I spend the majority of the time feeling frustrated and angry at myself, but keep it under control, under the surface. It's not until something else happens that tips me into overload and I just want to scream! It could be something reasonably minor, like my kids arguing, but I just feel like I am going to totally lose it!:mum It's ok, my kids are safe, maybe a little deafened by my screaming.:b

1 - 5 of 5 Posts