Votes: 31 24.2%
  • I'm a girl and it's a turn off.

Votes: 24 18.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
whats up?~
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend say to me once she will never go out with a bi guy because she can lose the guy to another guy so being bi is a huge turn off...

I also use an online dating site, all guys respond but no girls do..so I'm wondering if they don't respond due to me being bi-sexual.

All answers are private.

·
Registered
12,772 Posts
I don't think it matters. Girl-girl is kinda hot, but if I am in a relationship then it's one that I expect to be monogamous. As long as she doesn't feel like she's missing something then it shouldn't matter.

·
Banned
3,424 Posts
I'd be concerned about the girl being faithful. It could be fun and wild to have another girl join us for fun, but I wouldn't want to be dating either one.

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
I don't think it matters. Girl-girl is kinda hot, but if I am in a relationship then it's one that I expect to be monogamous. As long as she doesn't feel like she's missing something then it shouldn't matter.
^This.
I really wouldn't mind unless the person I am in a relationship with wanted multiple partners.

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Actually, most straight girls I've talked to just seem to be weirded out by the thought of being with a guy who's had gay sex. Fear of being dumped for a guy is more of a lesbian mentality.

And yes, it's very possible that girls aren't responding due to your being bisexual. Orientation is just one of the many areas they can be picky about in the rigorous window shopping routine of online dating.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think it's kinda hot. ;)

P.S. Your friend's argument is inane. Why must a specific gender be singled out? I don't get it. I think people should be looking at a person's character and not their orientation.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
I would not get into a relationship a woman like this. I already would have to worry about her running off with another dude now I have to worry about other women too? that's too much trouble for me.:no We probably could hang out though.

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I don't think it's a turn-off at all. I went to see this one guy that works at Walmart and went on a date with him. He said that he wants to **** a guy. I thought it was hot. I know this might be a little off topic but I just think people should be attracted to whoever they want to be. He must be bi if he wants to **** a guy. I thought he was straight, though.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Seems like poor logic. They'd be just as likely to lose theirs to another girl. Just making equivocations for homophobia.

Go figure, being a straight bunny the thought of it appeases me.

·
Desu!~
5,166 Posts
My boyfriend's bi and I don't especially mind. It has been rocky at times but so far at the moment he doesn't seem to be wanting such things, so yay (kinda xD). But yeah, being bi is still cool with me ^^

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
I used to think it was a turn off. I had a bisexual girl wanting to date me at one time and i wasn't really diggin the concept at the time. Having been cheated on in the past my mindset was "she'd be twice as likely to cheat on me since she's bi". While i do believe this particular girl would be more likely to cheat on me than others ...seeing that she had a GF when she "asked me out", i've learned to accept that this was not because she was bi. She was just a cheating **** pretty much, and her sexuality had nothing to do with that. I have seen the light.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I don't know why people get the idea that bisexual is synonymous with polyamorous. :no If someone's going to dump you, it's not better or worse if you're replaced with a girl or a guy. The more options a bisexual has doesn't increase the likelihood that they'll cheat more than a straight or gay person. If your partner is an arsehole, they're going to cheat no matter what they're into.
A monogamous bisexual person doesn't feel like they're "missing out" any more than a monogamous straight guy who has a blonde girlfriend even though he really loves redheads too. :lol

·
wooden hippie nice
1,639 Posts
I don't know why people get the idea that bisexual is synonymous with polyamorous. :no If someone's going to dump you, it's not better or worse if you're replaced with a girl or a guy. The more options a bisexual has doesn't increase the likelihood that they'll cheat more than a straight or gay person. If your partner is an arsehole, they're going to cheat no matter what they're into.
A monogamous bisexual person doesn't feel like they're "missing out" any more than a monogamous straight guy who has a blonde girlfriend even though he really loves redheads too. :lol
Yeah, I never really understood that either. Sexual orientation isn't what determines whether a person's going to cheat or not, their personal morals do.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
^ It's because your parnter is already having hetero sex but not gay sex. Wouldn't s/he eventually want to scratch that itch for gay sex?

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Having a bi partner means the competition is fiercer. :lol

To the op, at least you're honest. I wish everyone would be honest from the start.

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
I know what you mean here but... that's really not a good comparison. I have no problem with a guy being bi(I find it attractive actually), but personally I might feel more insecure because he might be longning for peen or something that I can't provide. I have no self-esteem as it is. I'd worry that he was having fantasies about guys. I would hope to be able to handle it, but I think I'd find it hard. It wouldn't stop me from dating someone I liked who was bi, but still.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
^ It's because your parnter is already having hetero sex but not gay sex. Wouldn't s/he eventually want to scratch that itch for gay sex?
This is what the pro "screw anything that moves" crowd does not understand. The minute you hop down with a "bi" person soon they will be wanting to bring others into bed and then it's a pandora's box being open. It's a shame a straight male can't ask for a woman that likes only men or a straight woman can't ask for a man that just likes women. I feel as if the "screw anything that moves" crowd wants to wipe out all people who only like the opposite sex.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts