Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This surprised me. While I do live in LA, Irvine is my hometown, and i go down to visit when I get time off from college. Maybe I will visit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Meds

I'm on Klonopin, been on for about 4 years, trying to get off, but I can't, they have me on Remeron to help me get off, but I'm still having withdrawals. Any one taking something else to help them ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wow, I didn't know there's a group like this Irvine. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm to the point where I really need some type of interaction and a group type therapy or meetup is an awesome idea.... surprised I'd never found this, Irvine being a simple 20 minute drive or so.

I hope to see you there!

Reactions: ricardo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check it out

I am currently an active member of this group and a few other related ones; I encourage people to come out for it.

It's really accepting and safe, don't worry!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Typical Meetings

Well, we have a couple recurring meetup events:

RPC (Relational Presence Circles): in these a small group of about 4-7 people meet in a room where there are seats laid out across to face one side where each person will eventually be speaking in front of the group. This is like public speaking + story telling practice. Some people just work on eye contact in this event, not even really speaking, lol But the environment is incredibly warm and accepting.

Wednesday Night Hikes: A small group goes hiking at Turtle Rock, Irvine; you just walk and chat with the people if you want.

Sunday Workshops: These are less frequent, but they're like a recurring series too. These usually gather around 30 people per event, and we tend to sit in a circle around a big room and introduce ourselves to the group one by one (according to your comfort level). We usually also then do more personalized 1-on-1 introductions to at least one other person in some conversations where we discuss/practice the lessons (kinda like CBT lessons) that are discussed by the host.
After these workshops (and most other events), many of the people go out to eat together as a group and chat some more.

Aside from these, there are lots of other social outings that come up.
Most at some point involve eating out, lol, but some are just walks and talks somewhere new.

This Saturday there might be a masquerade party at the group organizer's house. About 44 people might show up.
It is probably going to be just like a regular party without having obnoxious people there, hahaha (and I guess most people will be wearing a mask...)

Feel free to ask more questions.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts