Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Irish people! The social anxiety mater hospital programme needs your support!

70 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sabbath 
#1 ·
The social anxiety programme in the mater hospital faces closure! I myself was on the programme a year or two ago and it was the best experience of therapy for SA that I have come across. Please contact the head/s of the mater hospital underlining the devastating consequences that it's closure will have on people in Ireland suffering from this disorder! They were only given a few weeks to stop and get out! and there are over a hundred on the waiting list - contact :

ceooffice@mater.ie
yourvoice@mater.ie (Prof. Mary Day)

or you could also try Sr. Margharita Rock (Director of Mission Effectiveness) at

srmrock@mater.ie
________

From Odhran Mc carthy (head psychologist for the programme)-

Social Anxiety Ireland (SAI) have been just informed by the Mater Hospital CEO (Prof. Mary day) and management team that - following an extensive review of its services - that SAI has no role in its future vision for the Hospital. As a result of this SAI has been instructed to cease operations within the Mater Hospital premises within the next six weeks, all reference to the Mater Hospital has to be removed from our website and no Mater staff (on Mater paid time) is to be involved in it.

We are all utterly shocked here as we have been diligently building up our service and expertise over the last 16 years. Over 400 individuals have been through our programme and many of these still access our follow-up support group. Twenty individuals have just started a group with an additional 20 individuals signed up for the September programmes and over 140 individuals are waiting patiently on our waiting list. Its seems almost inhumane to cut all these people off from a service they may or have benefit from. It is not as if the programmes have been 'unsuccessful' or there are lots of other options for people to access. We will certainly make all efforts to have this decision reversed but we are not hopeful. I have written an impassioned email to our CEO but I am not very hopeful of a positive response.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.