Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
anti-social is different than being introverted, though the saying doesn't really make since lol. but being anti-social means (here's a wikipedia definition): "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood."

i don't think that's what you meant lol =] sorry that was a bit off topic!! xD

i say you should go for it!! it's almost always worse in your head than it is at the party! i'm sure you will have a great time =)

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Lol when I read the name of the post..I thought I was being invited to a party..dumb moment lol...

·
rawr?
86 Posts
You should really go! You might regret it if you don't, and they might not bother to ask you again if you skip on them.
Seriously...if you have friends that want to be with you then go.
Enjoy yourself, and their company.

·
Registered
257 Posts
lol thanks,

wut i meant when i said anti-social i meant they just considered me antisocial since i would never hang out with any1 after school. i know im not antisocial, im just too anxious to deal with ppl outside my typical routine that i just avoid everyone.

im kinda worried about party cuz i dont think i know to "have fun" and just "relax" since ive never done either ever tbh. im always on edge 24/7 and think ill start doing something really stupid if i start drinking. i really want to go but theres alot of "what ifs" going through my head right now. ;/
Remember when drinking that YOU ARE IN CONTROL and responsible for your own actions. The moment you start thinking that the alcohol has taken over and its the alcohol thats doing the following and you can blame it on the alcohol, you do stupid stuff.

EDIT: people remember when drinking, unless they drink WAY too much, you're worrying too much about the stupid stuff actually, and if you DO do stupid stuff, tell them you were too drunk and blame it on the alcohol to THEM. NEVER tell YOURSELF that alcohol has taken over, because then it will.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I really doubt you'll do anything really stupid... just don't drink too much. It'll probably just make you actually talk to people.

And yes, you should go.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Lol when I read the name of the post..I thought I was being invited to a party..dumb moment lol...
Aw lol.

You should deffinately go, it's a good idea rather than a bad one. Any step you make makes the next step easier. Just make sure you don't sit on the couch talking to yourself, I don't think talking to yourself publically's ever a good move lol. They asked you to go so they want you there and that's a good thing they're not gonna be scrutinizing everything you do they'll be thinking about themselves. It'll probably be hard and you'll be anxious but it's a good step and you know they guys so... For not knowing how to have fun I get what you mean, I think while you're there focus on what you're doing on the conversation you're having and the person that you're talking to and try to see them as someone you know who you're comfortable talking to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts