Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An extroverted guy asked me if I wanted to go to the pub with him (and other people) on the last day of term. Bearing in mind I'm totally friendless and drowing in lonliness I said 'yeah I might do'... in other words 'no'. I want friends but at the same time I want to have close friends. I'm not like him and I knew I would feel uncomfortable around everyone unless I was totally drunk.. so what's the point? Would anyone here have done the same?

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you're interested in what I would do, I probably would not go. I am not a pub/party person and I know I wouldn't create close friends in that environment. It would be pointless and a waste of a night.

I would instead go to place I am more comfortable with and stick with it. Do something you enjoy. Or you can meet some great people volunteering and you'll feel good about yourself. If you need some more ideas let me know.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've had several people invite me to the pub, and I always declined their offers (or ignored them). In my case, I regret always rejecting the offer, but it's not really me rejecting the offer, it's my anxiety.

I think you should have accepted the offer because at the very least you'd gain some social experience. If you enjoy it, great, if not, you haven't lost anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.