Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one girl that completely intimidates me in school. Maybe its her total confidence, or how she always seems to be able to put me down. If she is in the room, regardless if there's even 100 other people there, I feel extremely self-conscious and scared. Like she's watching everything I do to make fun of me. Maybe I'm being irrationally paranoid. But, does anyone else have these feelings? If so, what do you do to stay calm around that person?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I do not, and never have. But just keeping telling yourself, this person doesn't care about you whatsoever and just drive that into your brain. She doesn't care about you, probably doesn't give you a second thought, so don't waist your thoughts on her, its not worth it. If she is making fun of you putting you down, its because she is insecure and has to put other people down to feel better about herself. F**k her.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The kinds of people who are egotistical are only egotistical because it's a defense because they've been hurt before and they don't want to be hurt again. If they can act better than you, they feel they can't be put down.

Even if they seem happy and confident, they're using their ego as their defense. I know this; I used to be one of them. It all came down with one crack in my ego armor.

In psychology class I learned that it's usually the unintelligent and unskilled people who are unaware they're unintelligent and unskilled, and it's the smart people who realize their limitations and are humble.

So; this girl is full of ****.

·
Registered
67 Posts
guitargirl, first of all she is insecure, if she is looking for things to pick at other people about. It's a false air of confidence. You should ignore this girl, the more she gets into your head, the more power she has over you, the more arrogant, self absorbed she becomes. Don't feed the power ;)

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Bullies are cowards;they draw attention off themselves and on to others because of their own insecurities.Be at peace with yourself,knowing that you do not share their insecurities.At the most pity them,that they have to make others feel bad just to feel good about themselves.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Absolutely. 100% can relate to what you just said, even if the other person isn't a bully. Just their presence can rattle your nerves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts