Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm applying to different graduate programs - yeah, I know most people already know where they're going. :( The last interview I had was over the phone and took less than 15 minutes. I found it pretty easy. But I'm applying to a local college this time around, there's no way I can get away with it. They say I should allow for 2 hours?? What are they doing with me for 2 hours? How should I prepare? What should I wear? I'm really really really not ready for this ...

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Two hours?! That's bizarre. That seems a little ridiculous, but they probably just want you make sure that you're on time and on hurried.

Anyway, if you do it, good luck. I'm sure they'll understand you being nervous.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My interview was about 45 minutes and there were three interviewers. I couldn't have held out for two hours. Maybe that includes a tour or something else.

Ironically, I had a professor tell our class that obviously none of us has SA (we we discussing anxiety disorders) because an interview like ours would have discouraged any such student from applying. Heh.

What type of program is it? Chances are they'll ask you theoretical questions that will shed light on your personal values. You could probably do a Google search to find some possible sample questions. They know people are nervous, so the best thing to do is just be honest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts