Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me it's a beautiful thing when two people from different cultures love eachother. I'm a mexican guy, and most mexican guys would rather stick with their own, but not me. I'm not like the average mexican guy out there, I'm quite different. I wish I had an asian gf or maybe a white gf etc. So what are you guys views on that.

·
I Pee Sitting Down
694 Posts
I'm mexican and got me an irish white girl from boston :boogie not to sound racist but I want my kids to be light and not darker than me which I'm not so dark to begin with being part spanish. So I think interracial relationships are awesome and make good looking kids. Culturally it might be a challenge though. Some parents only want their kids to date their own race specifically asians, indians, etc.

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
I totally understand what you mean OP. Most Indians also prefer to be with one of their own. This applies even to Indians abroad (U.K, U.S, Canada, etc) like myself, which I find pretty surprising. Among Asian-Americans, we have THE lowest rate of intermarriage. :( We just like our own culture and heritage, etc. too much. ;) I want to see many more Indians branch out.

I'd really like to be in an interracial, intercultural relationship/marriage. The reason is that I've never really fit into my culture that much. See, I already don't fit with my very clannish people just by wanting an interracial relationship, LOL. Also, I've grown a bit tired of my culture after being in it my entire life, and want to try something new, where that girl can expose me into her new world to discover! :D

But unfortunately, I think I'll only be able to realistically get an Indian girl. By that, I mean a "mail-order" bride, arranged marriage with a girl from my country, who'll only want me for my green card to come over here for a "better life". That's the only way I feel I can attract a girl.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
To me it's a beautiful thing when two people from different cultures love eachother.
:ditto

hispanic here. my first GF was african american, i dated a native american girl too [half indian and half black], and two white girl's [german and irish descent]. i really dont care where they are from, as long as they are female and have a cool personality. its fair game to me lol

my younger brother was in a serious relationship with a white girl also [2 years], i loved watching them together, they were an awesome couple.

:)

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I'm Mexican too. My only two girlfriends have been Asian, Korean and Filipina. Although the women that I dated in between have been a rainbow. But yea, Asian women are so beautiful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I honestly don't see that much of a difference. The only thing that matters to me is that they love each other, regardless of race.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm Japanese and my boyfriend is white. I think he is absolutely gorgeous. His soft blonde hair, the blue eyes; always give me butterflies. But it's funny that I never thought so before I got to know him. I was kind of limiting myself to Asians back then. But once I realized his intelligence, wittiness and care, I knew he was special. Day by day he became more and more physically attractive to me.

So I think it all comes down to how emotionally you are attracted to someone. Because honestly, I find all races attractive. As long as you love who he or she is, any relationship, whether it'd be interracial or not, will work. Oh and the culture thing. Aside from loving his or her character, if your two cultures are compatible (way of thinking, acting, beliefs), or if you two are willing to make sacrifices culturally for each other, you'll have a great relationship.

What I'm trying to say is, neither is better than the other. If the person you happened to fall in love with turned out to be a different ethnicity than you, that's awesome. But don't limit yourself to just non-mexican girls.

·
alien monk
8,659 Posts
pretty girls are pretty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts