remains no ones secret.

everyone assuming the knowledge of everyones secrecy until all is vain,
no one really hearing the secret misery
of no-ones pain.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Okay, here's my interpretation...

When you view everything from a distance you gain perspective. People seem selfish and destructive to you. You feel that people watch your every move and you can't say anything without it being a big deal. People pretend to understand you and care but they don't truly know. They can't know the pain you feel underneath.

·
Not-So-Hip Hippie
192 Posts
-You're despairing over the lack of privacy afforded to yourself and everyone else... You're a famous celebrity!

-You're attacking the NSA, media?

-People look down on others troubles, consumed by their own.No one understands yours or anyone elses pain and they assume that their's is greater.

-2nd stanza likely laments how people readily reveal/expose themselves (and their thoughts/secrets) to others. Nothing's sacred/special anymore.

-The 3rd stanza might be a cynical assesment of the world; Its now so full of despair that you feel that (your) misery has become is underrated... or somethin'.

·
behind you
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not always so cynical but I haven't met any truly nice people in this past week; thus my poem. And I guess there is also my realization that no one can truly understand anyone, unless they can read their mind, which only makes me more frustrated. Also, its sad but true, that I see myself the same way as "everyone" is, not truly understanding others... I am one confused person

1 - 7 of 7 Posts