Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently sent a 'wink' to a girl on a dating site and was wonder what it means if she sends a message that says: "Thanks for the wink!".

My question is, if she was interested in getting to know me, wouldnt she send a 'wink' back? Does her message really mean: 'Thanks for expressing interest, but I'm not intersted' ?

Someone please help - Im so tired of my messages being ignored that Im skeptical of this one and desperate to make a connection.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah lol, you're definitely overanalyzing. One thing I've learned about dating sites is that people express interest in very different ways. Some people might only wink back if they're interested; others may not. I think you should just send her a message back. Ask a question about something on her profile and see how that goes. Good luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
you are getting ahead of yourself and reading more into it then need to.
Send her a message, (not a wink) telling her your interested. Wait and see how she responds to it.
Keep in mind that some of these sites you need to pay money in order to email people, so maybe she can't actually email you, something you need to consider.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
It probably just means she likes the attention. You'll need to do more to determine if she likes you in return. But I'm guessing she doesn't with a short reply like that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Generally speaking I don't recommend the whole wink thing. It tends to give the impression that you think someone is attractive but not worth the 5 minutes it takes to write a message. If anything, send winks in addition to messages or to people you're already in communication with.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Someone that returns a wink usually is taking an interest, but it's a wide issue. That wink reply could be a "Thanks for the wink" reaction or she's showing a mild interest to a larger interest. Why not wait and see what she does?

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I got that message I would think:

He is deff. not interested, if he were he would have said "what's up" or whatever guys say.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
maybe she is thinking "if he really was interested, he would send me more than just a wink".

lol, all dating sites should have pokes instead, like facebook. no beating around the bush and having to think "what do you think he wants when he pokes me???"

·
Fallen angel
684 Posts
If your on a dating site that requires a credit card, just close your account right now. I've wasted enough money and time on those kinds of sites... getting no where in life. Plentyoffish is one of the largest and is completely free... try them out. There are some people that are hired on these sites to message people which I think is on friendorama and singlesnet

Up until now I've discovered that local girls are better and more reliable, just gotta get yourself out there. How would connecting with someone you've never met up until you guys actually meet... work out? well i think its still a better idea to get out there and talk to them, after getting used to them... get comfortable with them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
She could be showing interest but not know what to say. I would've probably answered the same way she did, like hey I'm acknowledging it....now make a move! lol

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Well, unless she's just really polite, I would assume she wouldn't even respond unless she was open to further communication. It can't hurt to send her a short message. Something along the lines of "Hi. How are you?". Just something to see if she continues to communicate. If she doesn't, she was probably just being friendly and felt obligated to thank you for the wink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts