Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody diggin this band? I think they are extremely under rated.

Alot of people say they are a bunch of rip offs because they sound like joy division. i don't think they sound like them. their sound is completely different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
soma said:
I'm pretty neutral on Interpol. Nothing too terribly appealing, but it isn't bad either. Do these guys sound like Franz Ferdinand to you at all?
i saw interpol at the show in chicago a couple weeks ago, and may i say i was a little underwhelmed. i'm cool with hearing those guys in a car commercial, but live performance isnt' their selling point, which kinda sucks cuz i really wanted to like the band(i came to the show to see them and ended up enjoying a lot more Queens of the Stone Age who played after Interpol). I saw Franz Ferdinand in winter at a club, and those guys were really amazing. So upbeat, lively and cheerful. All of it was lacking in Interpol. Maybe it was also the small dimensions of the club and the crowd at the club that made them sound better than they are. I don't know, but i really really like the band. I'd go to see it again and dance to their impossibly catch songs.

·
She-Wolf
5,984 Posts
I love Interpol.
And yes I do notice some slight similarities of Joy Division in Interpol....but not of course to the point where they are rip-offs for that; that's just dumb.

I don't really think they are under-rated though...I know a lot of people that really like them or at least they don't hate their music and Interpol does get a lot of good reviews....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.