Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or at least it was interesting to me...thought you guys might relate to this thought.

Often I think others find me annoying, complainging too much, weird, frustrating or even out of my mind. My thought recently is that I think of myself that way in how I would see myself if I were my friend (does that make any sense?). So how I see it...if I were my friend I wouldn't be able to stand me (particularly when I'm in an anxiety ridden place) and would find me unbelievably annoying. So my thought process is that why wouldn't anyone else see that too?

Am I making sense? Not sure if this belongs here but I figure anything that breaks some of this down for me is some kind of triumph.

·
Registered
247 Posts
thats a very self-harmful way of thinking! you're viewing yourself very negetively..... the way you percieve is the way you think which becomes the way you feel and live, so don't say you can't stand yourself lol
hope i helped
next time u think try to make it a self-constructive thought and a realistic one and develop a positive thinking patterns or you'll be stuck in this SA cycle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally I don't think that way about myself, honestly. It's when I lose control of my anxiety and lash out at others. It's when I alienate people out of my life.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hismuse said:
Normally I don't think that way about myself, honestly. It's when I lose control of my anxiety and lash out at others. It's when I alienate people out of my life.
oh sorry i just misunderstood you

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
So you're saying that, objectively, you don't like your behavior when you are stressed out, but you blame the behavior on the anxiety and not on some internal flaw?

I'm sorry, I just didn't catch your meaning. :con

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know. Maybe it an internal flaw. Normally I honestly think I'm a person people like to be around and that I'm fun. When I'm worked up and completely paranoid I'm the last person anyone wants to be around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All the bad stessors in you life, as far as behavior you internalize, resulting in negative self talk, which is a notorious trait of SA. It's hard to break but what you said makes sense. If your friend or people really looked at, just seen the negative behavior that you internalize then why would they keep in contact with you, why would they put up with it day after day? You are making sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts