Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah I admit when I smoked pot it made feel great and took away my SA. But I just have a couple of problems

1. it's illegal
2. I work as a professional and drug use is not tolerated

otherwise I would be stoned most of the time. It' just not an option for me. I wish it was but it isn't.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's what I found too. It was unpredictable.. sometimes I would feel great, others, not so much. But this person is combining a small amount of pot (to the point she only does it once a week now) with her RX meds. I was just wondering if anyone has done that and if it helped at all?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well that's what I found too. It was unpredictable.. sometimes I would feel great, others, not so much. But this person is combining a small amount of pot (to the point she only does it once a week now) with her RX meds.
There are thousands of different strains of cannabis, each with a different chemical composition and effects. Cannabis sativa dominant strains will be more psychedelic and cause more anxiety & paranoia. Cannabis indica is a lot more relaxing, mostly due to its higher levels of CBD.

The hybrid strains are probably the most fun; sativas are useless to someone like me due to anxiety (at least, without additional meds), and indicas tend to make me lazy. I can definitely notice the antipsychotic potential of CBD in indicas as well, so my advice to anyone with paranoid/psychotic disorders would probably be to not smoke any weed, but if you have to, go for an indica.

It will also depend on "set & setting", especially with sativa strains. As someone with SA, you probably won't respond too well if you're around others when you smoke (but other people can be useful if you go too far).

The variability of effects you get is most likely due to the different strains you've been trying. AK47 and Northern Lights are two indica strains I can personally recommend.

I was just wondering if anyone has done that and if it helped at all?
I can smoke all day with zero anxiety while on SSRIs, benzos or pregabalin. MAOIs are pretty entertaining to smoke on, but the anxiety may be there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had panic attacks and just overall worsened anxiety whenever I had smoked it. I'm probably just one of those people who's body has a funny reaction. I haven't touched it since.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pot makes me so much more anxious. I become a mute, over analyse EVERTHING, become less motivated to bother talking to people and am more content being keeping to myself. When I smoke it alone, I become paranoid and become depressed because of loneliness, SA and my ongoing depression. My motivation to do anything in life, even when I'm sober, is nil when I was a daily user. It also made me antisocial when I was sober because I would feel tired all the time and not bother talking to people because all I looked forward to was getting stoned (it's sad but true). It was definitely NOT a good influence on my life.

Once I even thought of killing myself because I lived through EVERY SINGLE embarrassing moment in my life for an hour straight while I was stoned alone. It was one of the most depressing and humiliating times of my life. - needless to say, that was the last time I smoked pot and I was a BIG *SS STONER. - that was 4 months ago and sober ever since.

Drugs affect EVERYONE differently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
damn pots the worse for sa and all anxiety disorders some people develop a anxiety disorder just from smoking pot when i smoke pot my sa gets worse

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never really cared for it in high school, made me paranoid and didn't feel pleasurable. Funny thing is I live in California and I could literally have legal medical marijuana in a couple hours if I wanted. I went through the typical struggles of getting a benzo prescribed.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The difference in effects is mostly due to strain cannabinoid content, not individual neurochemistry. I'll post this again:

Even though they get the names wrong (should be "cannabidiol" for CBD, not "cannabinoid") and don't mention the fact that many strains are optimised for high CBD as well as THC these days, it still demonstrates the differences.

Saying that, I wouldn't really trust anything a career researcher says who can't even get their facts right, but the look of happiness vs. fear on her face speaks for itself.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I had a counselor once that told me she would support me if I wanted to smoke pot to help alleviate my anxiety symptoms because I refused to take meds for it. I told her that with my addictive personality and my breathing problems there was no way I could, I guess I could've baked it into cookies or something but I wouldn't even know where to begin to get a hold of some lol.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
1. it's illegal
2. I work as a professional and drug use is not tolerated
Aren't we up to I think 13 states now that allow for medicinal marijuana? What do employers do when they make you pee in a cup in those states and they find that somebody who has a legal prescription for medical marijuana tests positive for pot? Seems there is nothing they could do, since it's legal. Just like they can't do anything about a pain patient who legally uses Oxy and will test positive for opioids.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm more intered in the idea of medical marijuana for asperger syndrome. Marijuana can induce feelings of empathy and warmth and reduce rage attacks. A few parents have sworn by it for the autistic children, but obviously this is controversial.

When I smoke marijuana, I feel like a more caring person. It's very different from alcohol in that respect.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm more intered in the idea of medical marijuana for asperger syndrome. Marijuana can induce feelings of empathy and warmth and reduce rage attacks. A few parents have sworn by it for the autistic children, but obviously this is controversial.

When I smoke marijuana, I feel like a more caring person. It's very different from alcohol in that respect.
Is there anything it can't do?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Aren't we up to I think 13 states now that allow for medicinal marijuana? What do employers do when they make you pee in a cup in those states and they find that somebody who has a legal prescription for medical marijuana tests positive for pot? Seems there is nothing they could do, since it's legal. Just like they can't do anything about a pain patient who legally uses Oxy and will test positive for opioids.
In most states they can still legally fire you or refuse to hire you. Which is funny because people on extreme pain killers, stimulants, methadone etc can legally be exempt.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Pot always made me paranoid and therefore made my anxiety worse. Though I do like a hit or two if I'm drinking.

·
Got nothin to loseeee but
58 Posts
Marijuna definatly causes anxiety and panic attacks in those prone to it. Seems counter productive to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The interesting question is if you had a valid prescription and you provided it to the drug testing company. Could they disclose the presence of MJ or would they have to treat it like a controlled presciption pill?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts