Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted the same question in my other thread but would also like to know what everyone's experiences with SSRI"s are.

Some general questions
can you build resistance with SSRI?
What changes can i expect after a month use with zoloft, more confident, self-esteem, less nervousness? assuming it does work for me
Does the drug effects kick in immediately or say in an hr or is this something you have to take daily to keep serotonin levels higher than normal?

Could SSRI user's answer the following q's

1. Which drug were you on?
2. How long have you been on it?
3. Reasons for taking them? (were you using them to trea depression only or for SAD or both?)
4. when did you start to feel the effects and what changes have you noticed?
5. Are you happy with the outcome?

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
1. Zoloft
2. 2 years
3. MDD
4. 1 month
5. I felt happier

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Which drug are you on? zoloft

2. How long have you been on it? almost 5 years

3. Reasons for taking them? (were you using them to trea depression only or
for SAD or both?) realized i had sad - my psychiatrist thought i also had depression - now i realize he was right

within the first week i started to feel less anxious and over time felt more confident

5. Are you happy with the outcome? YES!!!!! i feel zoloft let me out of the prison i had been living! it's like a miracle. :boogie

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
1. Which drug are you on? Prozac

2. How long have you been on it? About 1 week (but I was on it in the past for about 3 years and then stopped)

3. Reasons for taking them? (were you using them to treat depression only or
for SAD or both?) Initially it was for depression, I don't think social anxiety had crossed my first therapists' mind. Now it's for a combination of the two, but mostly for my SA.

I felt the effects almost immediately. After this week I've noticed that I'm feeling a lot more energetic and upbeat, and freaking out less about things in general.

5. Are you happy with the outcome? Well, we will see. I think once the side effects go away (dizziness, slight disorientation) I will be able to know for sure. But it seemed to work last time and I definitely regret going off it. I am VERY happy with the energy and the overall positive feelings it gives me, though.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Does anyone know what the side effects of zoloft are?
I'm planning to use it as part of SAD treatment
It varies from person to person, I experience insomnia (hard to fall asleep even when tired) and weight loss due to lack of appetite (8lbs in 4-5 weeks). Weight gain is more common than weight loss though.
Overall, i am not happy with the med. and am going to stop taking it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts