Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a webcam for my new apartment, and I installed skype. Keep in mind that I'm terrified of cameras, since I think I look bad. But I've managed to talk to family members so far on the program, and I'm going to add some friends I know from another forum and start talking to them.

I feel a lot more confident with talking on webcam now. :)

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
So I just got a webcam for my new apartment, and I installed skype. Keep in mind that I'm terrified of cameras, since I think I look bad. But I've managed to talk to family members so far on the program, and I'm going to add some friends I know from another forum and start talking to them.I feel a lot more confident with talking on webcam now. :)
I feel you on the whole camera thing but,I think it might be a great tool to use against SA.We should organize away to all use it here on SAS.I think it would help allot of people.An SA study I'm in is using it.So far so good the awkwardness is fading.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Good for you. I've got a friend on yahoo that always asks me to get a webcam but I just can't bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quick question for skype actually. Is there a push to talk option for mics or is it always broadcasting?

I've heard things from skype but the only program I've ever used for chatting it up are instant messengers and Ventrilo.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick question for skype actually. Is there a push to talk option for mics or is it always broadcasting?

I've heard things from skype but the only program I've ever used for chatting it up are instant messengers and Ventrilo.
You have to be signed in and accept a call for anyone to see you. So no, it's not always broadcasting.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
So I just got a webcam for my new apartment, and I installed skype. Keep in mind that I'm terrified of cameras, since I think I look bad. But I've managed to talk to family members so far on the program, and I'm going to add some friends I know from another forum and start talking to them.

I feel a lot more confident with talking on webcam now. :)
That's great! :D It takes a lot of courage to face your fears like that, you should be proud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts