Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
insomniac right here.

i have such a hard time sleeping now. it started around the beginning of the summer when i got dumped. that also made my SA a lot worse.

but anyone else have this problem? it does get boring late at night. and verryy tiring during the day. :hyper

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have insomnia too, i'm always up after Late Night with Conan O'Brien is over. I usually have to take a long nap after coming home from school.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me the last month or so. Stay up till 2-3 a.m. and end up falling asleep eventually, then waking up at 6:30 a.m. and going to school, only to come home at 3 p.m. to sleep till 7-9 or so. I just haven't been able to sleep much at night anymore, only during the day. I haven't had this problem for almost 3 years. Back then I would sleep all day and stay up all night and do nothing (I was homeschooled). I thought those days were behind me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's frustrating because I over-nap, last night I came home from school and slept until 11:00 pm!!!
I woke up and I had forgotten to study for my chemistry test, which I took today and am pretty sure that I failed.

I told the doctor I had trouble sleeping, and he told me to stop drinking caffeine. WTF! That doesn't work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know what you mean. It's 1:30 here and I have yet to do any work, I'm having trouble concentrating. Tomorrow, I have a chem test on moles and some other ****, an AP history exam, and I have to make up a french quiz. I usually do pretty good on most tests without much studying but that's not giving me much comfort. I should prolly study now, wish me luck...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
i have tremendous problems with sleep. Either sleeping to much, sleeping to little or have trouble keeping a constant schedule.

you could try diphenhydramine (benadryl) as it is an OTC medicine used for allergies but it also doubles as a sleeping pill. The problem I found is that tolerance builds up quickly for myself and within a few days it stops working effectively. don't buy the named brand stuff buy generic. Just make sure the only active ingredient is diphenhydramine and make sure it is OK to take with whatever other meds you are on.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have difficulty sleeping because of anxiety,i also usually wake up several times throughout the night just worrying about things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
missnat84 said:
I have difficulty sleeping because of anxiety,i also usually wake up several times throughout the night just worrying about things.
same here. I also go back and forth from sleeping too much, I think because of depression - and hardly sleeping at all because I'm up all night with racing thoughts.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
missnat84 said:
Sometimes I can't get to bed because I know I will lie there worrying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts