Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its midday and I havnt slept in 2 days/nights. My body is so damn tired, but my brain is speeding at a million miles. Time just seems to have dissapeared!
I think lately Ive been stressed alot which might of been a trigger to this latest insomnia. I also reinstalled the sims2, but lost my custom downloads so Ive sat here and downloaded customs for the sims the whole time!
I think Ive gotten up to make 2 coffees and 2 nature calls in the last 2 days. 2 coffees without sleeping for 2+ days, what the heck is wrong with me! My body wants to sleep, my brain doesnt and wont let me. :time

·
Registered
173 Posts
Worst thing for me is if I have an attack of insomnia one night, I'll have all sorts of anxiety problems the next few days. Just had one last night & have been feeling pretty bad all day at work, worst part is I had some meetings today. It was really bad I didn't want to talk & I felt like I didn't contribute much bar a few comments here and there.

I never drink coffee or any stimulants at all as that would make me just worse.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've stopped drinking coffee and high-caffeine drinks for a year now, it REALLY helps. Some teas are okay if you need caffeine, but it helps a lot to give it up because having too much can wear out your adrenal glands and make sleeping terribly ridiculously hard.

Also...get off of the computer! I'm such a hypocrite, I've been on it for like the past week. This is what happens when I get depressed and don't want to go out in public. But if you can, read, draw, write, watch a movie, get out of the house at the very best. Computers drain all of your energy, but not in a healthy way, and they encourage your brain to think a hundred miles a minute...click click click!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Insomnia has been a terrible problem for me for most of my life.

At the Sleep Disorder Center, they tell you to go to bed and to get up at the same time every day, forever.

Well, that makes sense intellectually. . .but emotionally, it makes me want to scream and throw things. When I was little, my mother was an absolute NUT about bedtime. It didn't matter whether I was tired or not. When the clock said it was time for The Kid to disappear, The Kid had to disappear. Didn't matter if it was summer and the other kids were outside playing, or whether there was something absolutely spellbinding on TV - nothing. Bedtime was the Eleventh Commandment. No discussion.

For most of my adult life, I had to make myself go to bed at a reasonable time because there was the alarm clock to answer to in the morning. Get up, go to work. Day after flipping day. For DECADES.

Now, I'm retired. I don't care what the sleep experts say. And this may be to my own detriment - but I WILL not go to bed if I don't feel like it, and I flipping WILL NOT set my alarm clock unless I have a doctor's appointment or something else that I have to be on time for.

Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot by being so obstinate. But after so many years of enforced bedtimes and alarm clocks, I just won't do it any more.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I feel like I've forgotten how to sleep.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ill lay in bed all night and then open the shades to watch the sunrise before im able to get maybe one or two hours of sleep.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Insom can be a cool thing, though at times when you do want sleep it can be a disaster! I had a sleep disorder, but I love my sleeping pattern, its fun. Call me immature but I always prefered the night over day, SA related? I dont know, maybe. But I'm usually playing with my woman or gaming with different people from all around the world.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
I know this isn't the medication thread but Seroquel helps my insomnia alot. 50mg (the smallest dose I think) of Seroquel at night and I'm out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The SA/night thing do seem to go together perfectly :)
The worst thing about it for me is the feeling of wasting time.
I can't do anything useful, my body is to tired to cooperate.
Lately I have to wait until it starts to dawn outside before I can even think about sleep. I'm a chronic procrastinator so everything I try so hard not to think about during the day comes back to haunt me as soon as I close my eyes :sus

·
nardil user since 2006
339 Posts
i take trazadone for my insomnia due to nardil. but i read on this board that ppl have tried melatonin over the counter at your local drug store w/success. i read instead of taking 3mg, 0.3 mg works better, if not you could always boost it up. if i do end up buying the 3mg capsules, ill cut it into tiny piecies, or ill just buy the 1mg version online and cut it into thirds, or halves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts