Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Had a night of awful insomnia last night. If anyone has advice about how to just shut your brain off, I'd be really appreciative. I've slept like a baby throught the summer holidays, and now I'm about to back at school, things are chaotic again. I've been so positive about SA lately, using so many different techniques and really trying hard, but having no sleep makes it just so much harder.

Would love it if you could read my latest blog and give me feedback if poss! xxx

http://littlemissteacherlady.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/back-to-school-insomnia/

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd love to know how to do that too! Even if I'm not stressing, I'll wind up doing really long math problems in my head and I'm not even good at math. Or come up with every chair I ever had in school. I have bad allergies so Benadryl usually knocks me out, but sleeping pills don't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh dear - you make me glad I don't think of maths problems! That would be really unpleasant! I've tried taking natural tablets before - Kalms - they did nothing for me! I don't want to try any other real medication either. Going to work on meditation I think! xx

1,495 Posts
That's me tonight...it's 12.45am. I feel like I should be doing something instead of going to bed early. I suggest keeping the tv and computer off towards the later evening. A hot drink and a book does the trick for me. Sleep well.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Ambien. Doctor prescribed, of course.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I forgot to mention Valerian Root tablets. They used to help me a long time ago but then I think my body started tolerating them more. They're stinky and awful but they worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.