Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I watched a news release about a tuberculosis hospital in Kiev, the capital of my country. It was shocking - the unheated rooms, bare walls with lots of mold around, wet ceilings with the water dripping when the snow melts out, no hygiene at all, no meds, no shower, all the food being just some boiled grains. Lots of people die there and there are NO sanitary workers to remove the bodies and deliver them to the funeral houses - the PATIENTS pick up the dead bodies and carry them to the barn in the yard of the hospital to toss them there! This is hideous! And there are no security guards around so the sick and contagious patients can go out to the neighboring park where the healthy people with small children usually take a stroll. And nobody cares. This is so sad.

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
have u cleaned up chernobyl yet?

·
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!
11,237 Posts
Yesterday I watched a news release about a tuberculosis hospital in Kiev, the capital of my country. It was shocking - the unheated rooms, bare walls with lots of mold around, wet ceilings with the water dripping when the snow melts out, no hygiene at all, no meds, no shower, all the food being just some boiled grains. Lots of people die there and there are NO sanitary workers to remove the bodies and deliver them to the funeral houses - the PATIENTS pick up the dead bodies and carry them to the barn in the yard of the hospital to toss them there! This is hideous! And there are no security guards around so the sick and contagious patients can go out to the neighboring park where the healthy people with small children usually take a stroll. And nobody cares. This is so sad.
What you have just described, especially for something to be happening in this day and age is terrible.
This sounds like what the conditions used to be like in Britain then in the 1500's for god sake.
Not even the most poory performing hospitals in the are anywhere near this. The lack of cleanliness sounds worse, and in hospitals like this, its probably making more people Ill than curing them.

·
Banned
5,103 Posts
OP makes a post about hospital conditions in Ukraine and somehow people turn it into something about America as always.

I guess the one good thing about the story is that at least it is being told on the news. I thought Ukraine seemed to embracing democracy until the imprisonment of Yulia Tymoshenko.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in one of the supposedly richest countries in the world, and yet, many hospitals here are nearly as bad as you describe things. Old people are forgotten in their rooms for days, they have untreated wounds with worms, served food that is barely edible and staff that abuse them physically.

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, to reply some of your postings:
first, I saw that news release the day before yesterday. So it is a recent one.
Next, all that situation has nothing to do with the communism, Soviet era and Stalinism. This mess was created by the MODERN people. They are actually using the resources of that epoch, like the building itself, for example. Inside of the building it looks like it was never maintained after it had been built in the Soviet times, like most of the buildings in my country. By the way, some person has recently said that Ukraine is a third world country and the only thing that doesn't allow it to collapse into the fourth world is the people's owing and renting the real estate left from the Soviet times. Almost all the housing we are suing now is the heritage from the Soviet Union. The block of flats I currently reside in is about 40 years old. At those times the real estate was very cheap and people actually got the apartments when they were working. Now we observe the skyrocketing prices for the rents as well as for sale. Many young families have nowhere to live.
And the last, our ex-prime minister is far from being innocent. People who try to defend her do not know what she really is and this is so sad that people actually take the wrong sides. But I don't want to talk about it. In my country it is too dangerous to talk about the politicians, especially the crooked ones.
So that hospital and many other ones in my country result from the negligence of the authorities and it has been a very painful question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts