Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone else see your infractions?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
<looks at MissMay's infractions> wow :um

:D No, seriously, I don't see an Infraction tab on your profile. Your miscreant deeds remain secret. :)

·
TOOL
357 Posts
They should have an option to make it public. I want to serve as a warning to others, if nothing else. You know...wear them like a scarlet letter :p

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
No, they are not visible to anyone but the individual user and the moderation team.

I thought we went through this :con. :(

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Why do infractions NEVER expire. That kinda sucks.
They do - but by our rules. One infraction lasts 30 days. If you get three infractions in less than the 30 day span, it's a ban (usually a week, unless the severity or repeat offender kicks in).

If you have three infractions and the first one was 31 days ago, then it is not a ban. We have calendars, too :lol.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
They do - but by our rules. One infraction lasts 30 days. If you get three infractions in less than the 30 day span, it's a ban (usually a week, unless the severity or repeat offender kicks in).

If you have three infractions and the first one was 31 days ago, then it is not a ban. We have calendars, too :lol.
I mean why can't it dissapear off of my profile page so I don't have to look at it after 31 days. See I got the infraction below on April 26. I can still see it:
----------------------------------
Post / Reason :
Private
Reason: Inappropriate Language
Date / Posted By :
04-26-2009 05:09 AM by Amocholes
Points / Expires :
1 / Never

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It's a rap sheet. :lol

No, seriously, I don't know. We do not pay attention to it after the 30 days........

unless (and this could be the reason).....the user continues to get infractions after an initial/secondary/tertiary ban is committed. I think that may be the way we are keeping track. If somebody has been banned more than once, we would need to keep that information.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
We'd overlook it after 30 days, man, unless you have plans to overthrow....:troll :lol

You're cool....just don't cuss. :p

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a rap sheet. :lol

No, seriously, I don't know. We do not pay attention to it after the 30 days........

unless (and this could be the reason).....the user continues to get infractions after an initial/secondary/tertiary ban is committed. I think that may be the way we are keeping track. If somebody has been banned more than once, we would need to keep that information.
See! That is exactly why I would like mine to be removed. It is a RAP sheet! I don't want anyone to know that I got infractions ever! Never, never, never do I want to have a RAP sheet.

BTW I am working on changing my attitude about these infractions so I can quit thinking and talking about them. I've been praying about it.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Oh so my three July infractions are technically expiring tomorrow? Good to know, I'll be sure to cause some problems here in August....:b

...kidding, of course.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Hey, I want my infractions to be able to be seen by everyone. I remember when I got my first one, I was kinda proud of myself.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Oh so my three July infractions are technically expiring tomorrow? Good to know, I'll be sure to cause some problems here in August....:b

...kidding, of course.
It doesn't quite work that way. Infractions received through the month do not expire on the 1st of the month. They expire 30 days after they are received. If you received one on the 23rd then it will expire on the 22 or 23 of the following month, depending on whether the month has 30 or 31 days.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
See! That is exactly why I would like mine to be removed. It is a RAP sheet! I don't want anyone to know that I got infractions ever! Never, never, never do I want to have a RAP sheet.

BTW I am working on changing my attitude about these infractions so I can quit thinking and talking about them. I've been praying about it.
Nobody but you and the mods are going to know, unless you tell them yourself. Mods don't talk.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nobody but you and the mods are going to know, unless you tell them yourself. Mods don't talk.
Mods don't talk? Are they deaf mute or did you just mean they don't gossip? Are mods friends with mods from other forums? Do you have like a mod club? Do mods befriend each other? I only ask because I have a light obsession with mods. I want to be a mod wife. Kind of like a mob wife but with a d. I have issues with avatars as well. Yes, I know I am a dork.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
I don't know any mods from other forums. We will not discuss your Infractions with any other members. We may discuss them with the other mods of SAS. Things like:
________ has 2 Infractions in less than a week. He seems to be on a bit of a roll and we may need to keep an eye on him.

It's not always like that but sometimes someone suddenly begins acting out of character and we keep an eye on them. Or they react poorly to receiving an Infraction and more or less, ban themselves by their actions.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Grr, I demand a warrant the next time you search my posts for signs of criminal activity! :b

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.