Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a " thing " for admins/moderaters. Not just on this site but on a couple of other support sites. I think it is because of the power they have over the forum and since I am in love with forums- that could have something to do with it. Does anyone else experience this? Or do you experience it but just won't say lol Oh and this is only for male admins/moderaters. I am in love with the power they have. Of course I know this is not reality but it makes for good daydreams. :D

·
P4
1,238 Posts
I was years ago in another forum, he was pretty good looking from pictures and was quite pleasant to chat to. It was my first forum ever, the rules were strict and I loved the topics and users were friendly. Unfortunately the admin wasn't interested anymore and sold off the site after a year :(

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I'm not your type!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Ehh, not really. I used to be a mod on another site so only in that situation would I love the mods, hehe.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I typically forget their existence actually, or at least the existence of their "power" unless I need them...? And I just about never do...? So yeah...? *clears throat* Yeah, I'm indifferent.

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
Electricity is a source of power, and if you play with the light switch, eventually you'll get shocked.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It's my Millenniummanliness or my Millenniummasculinity.

·
non
609 Posts
no, I don't think it's very cool to bully the socially anxious. Maybe if I felt an outstanding job was being done, but that clearly isn't the case. Nope pretty sure I still wouldn't be impressed.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
We don't bully the socially anxious - we have SA ourselves.

·
non
609 Posts
well this is the most brutal moderating I've ever witnessed on any forum, and the fact that this is a SA forum makes this experience all the more bewildering. I'm all for common sense in moderating, and urging compliance with guidelines, but heavy handedness and meanness...No.

This is for many of us the only place we speak up and that in and of itself is scary. It would be very nice to be treated respectfully and reasonably, like the reasonable respectful people we are. I would urge those in control to think about how they would like to be treated. Use the golden rule, just as you would request the same from us. We are not mad dashing heathens, we are reasonable people.

All this...you have an infraction,...and you're banned..on a website that serves as some peoples primary (or only) social outlet and anchor. That's a very threatening thing. Very intimidating too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts