1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Razorlight : I can't stop this feeling i've got , America.
The Kooks : Naive
MGMT : Kids
and a few others i can't think of right now.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I like indie.

My favorite subgenres are: twee, indie pop, dancepunk, and a lot of others with increasingly ridiculous names. I tend to really dislike that whole girl-with-a-piano subgenre.

Favorite indie bands: anything from Elephant 6 (of Montreal, the Apples in Stereo, the Olivia Tremor Control, The Gerbils, Neutral Milk Hotel, Elf Power, etc.), Belle & Sebastian, Tullycraft, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Patrick Wolf, Animal Collective, Los Campesinos!, Final Fantasy, Beirut, TV on the Radio, Sufjan Stevens, Klaxons, Jens Lekman, MGMT, Okkervil River, Television Personalities, Islands, Black Lips

Favorite Recent Indie Band: TV on the Radio or Okkervil River (shush, they're recent enough)
Favorite Old Indie Band: The Replacements or Pavement or The Smiths, if they're considered indie.

I'll add videos when my internet connection stops being so slow.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like indie.

Favorite indie bands: anything from Elephant 6 (of Montreal, the Apples in Stereo, the Olivia Tremor Control, The Gerbils, Neutral Milk Hotel, Elf Power, etc.), Belle & Sebastian, Tullycraft, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Patrick Wolf, Animal Collective, Los Campesinos!, Final Fantasy, Beirut, TV on the Radio, Sufjan Stevens, Klaxons, Jens Lekman, MGMT, Okkervil River, Television Personalities, Islands, Black Lips
All such good bands :) How do you like Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs? It seems to be always in my head :D

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love all those bands :)

Is anyone into Lykke Li, Royskopp, Ra Ra Riot, Passion Pit? Some of my favourites.

Not sure if you'd class them as indie, but yano... :D
Thanks for mentioning those bands. I had never heard of them before today. I've, already, taken a liking for Ra Ra Riot and Passion Pit. I've listened to that song "Sleephead" over twenty times today, so far. : )

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Anything at Glastonbury is usually good (cue the wtf is glastonbury comment )

Cept that i like a couple Bloc Party tracks yanno Banquet and Helicopter n all that shabang.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
All such good bands :) How do you like Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeahs? It seems to be always in my head :D
I really like it, yeah. They're one of my favorite live bands, as well. :)

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Anything at Glastonbury is usually good (cue the wtf is glastonbury comment )

Cept that i like a couple Bloc Party tracks yanno Banquet and Helicopter n all that shabang.
"Helicopter" might be my favorite song by them, but I like it a lot better when they played on Jools Holland's show and sped it up a bit.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
"Helicopter" might be my favorite song by them, but I like it a lot better when they played on Jools Holland's show and sped it up a bit.

I can't believe how many brit programmes you guys get over their.

Banquets prolly my personal fave though maybe probably kinda.

·
Registered
754 Posts

Signs and Ion Square are probably my favourites by Bloc Party:)

Marmaduke Duke (frontman from Billy Clyro is in it) and Peter Bjorn and John are good indie-ish bands too.

The Hush Sound is good too :)

Anyone a fan of The Cribs?

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Anyone a fan of The Cribs?
Yeah, all their albums are really great with the exception of the first, which is kind of patchy imo but has my favorite song they've ever written ever on it ("You Were Always The One"). Johnny Marr or no Johnny Marr, I kind of doubt that they'll ever match the simple pop genius of that song. But I do really like their last two albums. Catchy, catchy stuff.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts

Nah, we don't get Jools Holland over here, or at least I don't. We do get youtube, though. :D

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
bon iver!

i started listening to 'for emma, forever ago' for the first time last week. it is so amazing

i would like find a bunch of youtube vids but i cant now

1 - 20 of 30 Posts