Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
461 - 472 of 472 Posts
During my teenage times I used to blush a lot but I never was afraid of going to new places like work or school, now my physical symptoms aren't that bad anymore but I'm scared to death to even think about going to school again or going to work.
Have you "psychoanalyzed"/reflected yourself about why that scares you?

Have you "psychoanalyzed"/reflected yourself about why that scares you?
Last year I got laid off from my job and after that things have just gone downhill, this whole year I've just declined job offers and for 2 times when I was supposed to start I just couldn't go there. I guess I'm afraid to get used to new places, new people and new work assignments, for some reason nowadays I hate learning new things.

Last year I got laid off from my job and after that things have just gone downhill, this whole year I've just declined job offers and for 2 times when I was supposed to start I just couldn't go there. I guess I'm afraid to get used to new places, new people and new work assignments, for some reason nowadays I hate learning new things.
Yeah i guess that would do it...
About your previus post, i kinda feel the same. I don't know if its some form of acceptance or if one just get used to it.

Has anyone had issues becoming immune to the positive effects of Propranolol?

I typically take 20mg about an hour before a stressful situation (for me it's public speaking).

For some reason the last time I took it, it didn't work as well.

I started to feel the familar fight or flight response. I still managed to talk myself down but it was more uncomfortable than usual. I did have a large meal about 20 mins before taking it so maybe that lead to an increase in time it took to take affect?

Ah.

I was just prescribed Propranolol today for my issues with public speaking. I believe I have some sort of anxiety issues, but it really shows up when I have to talk in front of groups of people. I know this is a common question, but I was given 20mg per pill dosage and curious what amount works best (I know this can vary from individual) and how long before the presentation would it be best to take it? I'm just trying to find the sweet spot. My first presentation comes up this Thursday. Thanks!

I was just prescribed Propranolol today for my issues with public speaking. I believe I have some sort of anxiety issues, but it really shows up when I have to talk in front of groups of people. I know this is a common question, but I was given 20mg per pill dosage and curious what amount works best (I know this can vary from individual) and how long before the presentation would it be best to take it? I'm just trying to find the sweet spot. My first presentation comes up this Thursday. Thanks!
What's your presentation on?

Sorry, I have no exp with any beta blockers but they interest me.

I like your username.

Re propranalol, I take it before presentations at work as well, 90 minutes before I usually take 40mg and then 30-45 minutes before another 40mg or sometimes 80mg .

Has anyone had issues becoming immune to the positive effects of Propranolol?

I typically take 20mg about an hour before a stressful situation (for me it's public speaking).

For some reason the last time I took it, it didn't work as well.

I started to feel the familar fight or flight response. I still managed to talk myself down but it was more uncomfortable than usual. I did have a large meal about 20 mins before taking it so maybe that lead to an increase in time it took to take affect?

Ah.
It has happened to me as well, but I don't think its because of becoming immune.. I too had a meal 15/20 mins before my presentation. So, I think there should be an hour difference between meal and medicine.. has anyone tried empty stomach..

I was prescribed this medication by my psych doc one time; I never took it. I am starting to wonder what would have happened if I did take it. I get shaky hands in public places when I am putting away change shortly after interacting with the cashier, for instance; it bothers me. I am on 30mg Lexapro and 30mg Olanzapine. The Lexapro does work well in keeping me from getting panic attacks, which is definitely a plus. And I need the Olanzapine to keep my schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder under control and managed. Sorry for going off topic.

461 - 472 of 472 Posts