Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm confused about beta blockers so wondered if anyone could help. i've been prescribed inderal and my doctor says to take one daily, but i thought you only needed to take them when you needed them? it also says daily on the box so i'm confused.. how long do i need to wait to feel results? i assumed it was straight away?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you need to talk to your doctor again. It sounds like he doesn't understand why he prescribed the medication for you.

Typically, a beta blocker like Inderal is used a half-hour to an hour before an anxiety-provoking event. It slows your heart rate and steadies your nerves.

But something sounds wrong that he told you to take it every day. You'd better check.

Now my mom takes a beta blocker every day but that's for an abnormal heart rhythm and high blood pressure, not for anxiety.

Bottom line... call your doc.

·
Benzo Hater
202 Posts
I was prescribed Inderal, to be taken several times a day, by 3 different doctors. It did nothing for me that way. I read online to take it a half hour before an anxiety-provoking situation and it worked pretty well that way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
urgh i'm really confused now, my doctor is always busy and i won't be seeing him for another month.. on the box it definitely says 'ONE to be taken in the MORNING - only stop taking if your dr tells you'

it also says half 'inderalla - 80mg' i don't know if that matters.

so i should definitely only take it when i think i need it right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.