Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me, that about 30-40% of guys these days (rough figure) for which sexual relations are a 'rare' occurrence.. Eg. a handful of times per year if that. Seems to be becoming the norm.

There are also a growing proportion of guys who hardly even have sex/are virgins.

I'm talking age bracket 20-40, single guys.

The same doesn't seem to be true for females.

Opinions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said rough figure.. Choose 10 ppl you know at random and I'd bet 3-4 fall into the described group.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
government is putting anti-libido drugs into our food to stop over-population of the planet

oh wait, they're giving them out at the pharmacy with a full paper of their side effects and people are still taking them.
my mistake

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
There's a big difference between someone who is asexual and someone who is not having sex. Are you getting most of your 'data' from this website? Because there's a reason that a lot of us are not having sex and it's certainly not asexuality. :lol

If you think that the same isn't true for women, then who's having sex with all these sexually-active women then? I don't think homosexuality has increased. lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a big difference between someone who is asexual and someone who is not having sex. Are you getting most of your 'data' from this website? Because there's a reason that a lot of us are not having sex and it's certainly not asexuality. :lol

If you think that the same isn't true for women, then who's having sex with all these sexually-active women then? I don't think homosexuality has increased. lol
By mildly asexual I mean that it isn't common, so they learn to go without it (not to say they don't WANT it )

I'm not getting data from anywhere, just from observation.. I've lived in a lot of cities now and for every 10 new people I meet, theres about 3-4 that fit into this this category.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
By mildly asexual I mean that it isn't common, so they learn to go without it (not to say they don't WANT it )

I'm not getting data from anywhere, just from observation.. I've lived in a lot of cities now and for every 10 new people I meet, theres about 3-4 that fit into this this category.
Asexual means that you experience no sexual attraction. It has nothing to do with the actions you take. You could be an asexual person who has sex every night.

3-4 out of 10 people having sex a few times a year... That seems completely normal to me. I don't think there's been a change.
A "handful of times" per year sounds like a successful amount for the average person. There are some statistics below and people on average have 9 sexual partners in their lifetime. So whoever is getting "only" a few partners during the span of 1 year is doing alright. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promiscuity#Global_studies
http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/FAQ.html

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Asexual means that you experience no sexual attraction. It has nothing to do with the actions you take. You could be an asexual person who has sex every night.
Sorry I should be saying, guys who appear to be asexual (due to not getting any).

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Add to this the way western society is skewed against males, women and minorities put ahead of them for employment now ect.
The gulf between males and females relating to each other has gotten wider, multimedia icons and the glamorous lifestyle is all a lot of people want to aspire to.

It can cause serious problems for some men, especially those with severe social anxiety and other disorders that make it seem impossible for them to start any sexual experience with the opposite sex. Some even troll gay sites out of desperation too seek attention and feel desired, that really isn't healthy though.

Some even meet up with other men and have sex with men because it's easier and requires fewer social skills. http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-07-29/columns/straight-men-who-have-sex-with-men/
I'd rather keep playing with myself and not risk getting AIDS, plus I just like women too much unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I suspect that a significant portion of guys are not getting action because they are not actually taking action with approaching women. Whether it be offline or online. I was rarely taking action but now that I'm taking more action, my fortunes are improving dating-wise. You may not see this same pattern of not getting much action for girls. Because there are guys out there who practice serial monogamy. Going from one relationship to the next. And there are guys who "play" women. Having 2 or more girlfriends. Or banging 2 or more women (not at the same time).

Women need to be better able to weed out the players so that the "balance" can be restored. In the OKCupid match answers of this girl I went on a date with, she answered that she'd like to have sex every other day once she has sex with a partner. That is a very, very good method for weeding out players IMO. If your man is not giving you enough sex, that may be a sign that he's getting it from someone else and is playing you.

·
inactive
4,029 Posts
I have never seen a pregnant chinese woman, thus there are no pregnant chinese women.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts

QFT.

Every now and then someone on this site tries to claim that heterosexual women are having exponentially more sex than heterosexual men. Which begs the question, if heterosexual men are not having as much sex, then who are the heterosexual women having all this sex with exactly...?

The numbers that you present OP were not exactly gleaned through scientific methods. Personal experience can only prove so much, as there are many factors that can cloud one's perception. Biases and such. People see what they expect or want to see. If you are taking your data from experience with other shy males for an example, that will obviously skew your results. Not because shy men are "undesirable" (as some here seem to want to believe) but because shy people have a hard time with interpersonal relationships in general. There are many shy women who struggle in that area as well. I've had plenty of female friends who have gone through sexual "droughts", struggled to find a partner, etc.

But I've noticed that when people make claims like this they aren't usually interested in the experiences of women. They'd rather make assumptions than actually listen to what we have to say. Not directing that towards you OP, but just something I've noticed in most "women have it easier" related threads. (and let's be real, that's basically what you're getting at with this topic, whether it was intentional or not)

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is a difference between not wanting sex and not having the opportunity to reach that level of intimacy. I think it's more a case of the latter than the former.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Add to this the way western society is skewed against males, women and minorities put ahead of them for employment now ect.
This is very true these days. If you had a male and female candidates for a job and they are both equal in all respects, the female would be preferred.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts