Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I've suffered from mild-to-strong social anxiety over the past several years in varying degrees... but one thing that has stood out is that this problem is noticeably exacerbated after ejaculating, especially the more frequently I ejaculate. This has been the case whether I reach orgasm through masturbation or sex, and it has gotten to the point where I avoid ejaculating on days where I have to socialize with others, which is quite often nowadays. Basically, I get a general fogginess and fatigue that makes it difficult to articulate my thoughts and in turn makes me less confident in social interactions. I know this to be true because when I refrain from ejaculating for extended periods of time I tend to become much more active and witty in social situations. So does anyone have similar issues or any insight on what could be behind this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Maybe it has to do with your testosterone levels which are naturally lower after you ejaculate. For most men it shouldn't be a problem though. Go to see a doctor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it could be low testosterone for a while, but I don't really show the signs of someone with low testosterone, considering that I have a more or less strong sex drive. I also try to run and eat relatively healthy, which are both thought to boost your testosterone levels. I'm not sure though... since I do seem to have a disposition towards anxiety and difficulty concentrating and remembering things... idk if this has anything to do with testosterone though... I also wonder about how much my past drug experimentation plays into all of this... anyways, I probably should just see a doctor, though I'm in Argentina until December so it might be a while until I can do so.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why not do a chart thing: 10 days of ejaculation then 10 days of no ejaculations and chart your mood on each day.

As for me, sometimes I get depressed after ejaculations because you get the horny feeling for so long, then all of sudden, you are no longer horny because ejaculation has taken care of that horny feeling.

·
Hermit
1,187 Posts
I have noticed this too.
I have been reading on the internet for a while for this phenomenon. Everytime I mast...bate, I feel fatigue, increased social anxiety, speech disorders and decreased to no confidence. I have noticed that many people have this, but they believe this is a placebo. I'm pretty sure it's not. I'll stop mast...bation for the next 10 days to spot any difference.

·
Don't Stop Believin'
912 Posts
Maybe afterwards the brain feels like its fulfilled the purpose and shuts down a little or recharges. Meanwhile after some time of refraining it pushes forward to achieve the same result.

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
It seems strange. A lot of people feel the complete opposite - they feel much calmer and at ease after an orgasm, which is mainly due to the release of oxytocin and endorphins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts