Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me apologize to begin with. I don't have any idea where to post this.

Here's my issue. I have pretty awful SA. I was considering L-Tyrosine for reducing anxiety and have also read people have experienced increased levels of self-confidence (or maybe more appropriately increased levels of self-comfort) and an easier time with socializing. So, after reading about its mechanisms of action, I see it basically increases levels of dopamine or the ability of your brain to effectively use the dopamine there or whatever. What I'm wondering about is the fact that I have started being treated for ADHD. Long story short, I have tried two different meds; Vyvanse and Concerta. They Vyvanse greatly increased my anxiety and discomfort. Switched to Concerta. No more anxiety. Blah blah blah. The thing that is bothering me is that both of those medications increase dopamine levels, but they make me nowhere near prosocial. So, would the L-Tyrosine possibly help with my anxiety and make me more comfortable socially? I mean, I understand no one here can tell me how I will personally respond to any particular herb, supplement or medication, but I'm just looking for theoretical explanations for how it should or should not work. If anyone has that kind of knowledge. lol Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts