Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean procrastinating...

I'm in the midst of exams yesterday, I did everything else that I could do without having to study for exams until 4pm. It was so stupid! Then I studied for the rest of the day until 2am and was up at 5am. I do quite well on three hours of sleep. I have another exam on Tuesday, how do I stop myself from procrastinating?

This has to do with the self fulfilliing prophecy for me. I have low expectations for myself, because sometimes, I have difficulty with memory and because I believe that I won't be able to remember it's difficult for me to get started so I procrastinate more to the point where it just makes things worse.

So maybe I just have to get rid of this negative thought that I won't remember and think to myself that I can remember if I just go through the material and study things instead of procrastinating and focusing on the fact that I won't be able to remember. Taking action should do the trick.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Same. My classes are completely over in about two weeks or less. I have two lengthy papers to write and four exams to study for. After those two weeks, I know I have most of the summer to do whatever I want, but I can't help from procrastinating right now. I can't get myself to study, either. I shouldn't even be typing this post right now.

·
Banned
205 Posts
You're wasting time writing about procrastination... The only tip I can give you is to stop losing focus and wasting your time doing other things. There is no way to defeat procrastination, but to actually do the work that you have to do. There should be that desire and motivation inside of you to want to do better.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually find myself getting obsessive about other things. It's not good! My thought won't subside unless I do what I have to do. My social work exam is in one week and I have to go home and study. I'm at school.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
I just did this with my Italian test today. Was doing well and couldve skipped the final if i kept a 95%...not after todays test.

I'd study for 20 minutes and put the book down and surf the net for an hour..then try to study again but only for 20 minutes and play guitar for an hour.

Just between all the homework i've been having to keep up with, 2 huge group projects, and an analytical report...it's hard to buckle down and study for tests

1 - 6 of 6 Posts