Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...actually see the anxiety from my face or body language?

I'm referring everyday situations such as eating at the cafe, waiting in queue the supermarket, walking past strangers down the hallway, crossing the pedestrian crossing, entering a room of seated people, etc.

[Im excluding situations which I know would bring anxiety/nervousness to even NORMAL people - such as speaking on stage, a performance]

I'm mainly asking daily situations, since when I see others they don't seem to show any anxiety in situations mentioned above, but I surely feel anxiety INWARDLY.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In my experience it just comes across as me being miserable. I've lost count of the times I've been told to "cheer up!".
I may have been feeling relatively happy inside, but when they come out with "cheer up", it really pisses me off.
Most of the time nobody says anything, so mostly I can't tell what people are thinking. But that's the thing about social anxiety, we assume they're thinking the worst.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't really think anxiety has any outward "symptoms", unless you're having a panic attack or the general signs like blushing. But in the more casual situations you described, I think as Pul5ar said you'd probably just appear a little miserable or moody, perhaps even a bit sad looking. In some cases I've been told I look like I'm on the verge of tears when I was just anxious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts