Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robot Chicken was right. Just because the Second Deathstar gets destroyed and the Emperor gets killed, how can the Empire end if they still have lots of Imperial Stormtroopers and control many planets.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
One does not simply walk into Mordor.

Woops, wrong thread,

·
Registered
287 Posts
My best guess is the books and the expanded universe can help you if you really want to know what happened to the Empire after ROTJ.

*SPOILERS*

I've skimmed some stuff on wookiepedia before and it seems that they actually went on pretty long after the Emperor 'died'. And apparently the emperor comes back many times for some reason, and Luke becomes evil for a while. And other nonsensical actions that would probably make star wars lovers upset. But I've never read the books so I won't give my own opinion.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
It doesn't end, it continues on in the expanded universe. I highly recommend you start with The Thrawn Trilogy by Hugo Award Winner Timothy Zahn (The first book is Heir to the Empire) which much to Lucas dislike is what brought back the love of Star wars you can practically hear the Star wars theme as you read it. I would avoid the novelization of episodes 4-6 and the novelization of episodes 1-2-3. If you do plan to read stay away from the Jedi force series. Basically every book has to be approved by George Lucas himself. The Sith live on. http://timelineuniverse.net/Holocron.htm here's a good web site for finding information on Starwars novels.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It's just like how killing Osama ended our war on terrorism....

Sorry to bring that up. Just thought it was a pretty good comparison.

But in reality, Star Wars is fictional and therefore can do whatever they want with their story - it doesn't have to be logical :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts