Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always got "oh your one of those smart kids" and had people asking me to help them study for a test. I wore glasses and had braces so everyone assumed I was smart.
Truth was I was in some Special Ed classes, had ADHD, and never made Honor Role in my life my GPA was a C or D most of the year. I went to Summer School most of my life and was almost left back twice. The Jocks and Potheads that teased me were "academically" smarter than me, that hurt my confidence so much.

I hated people thinking I was smart and each time knowing I wasnt. :( I couldnt even graduate from College I got kicked out after 3 years.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being smart is overrated. It must have been annoying though that everyone just labelled you as something you werent - though maybe you helped them out and thats why they kept asking :)
The trouble is I couldn't help anyone, i've had to deny helping them, eventually they caught on why when they always saw my poor test grades, the teachers read our grades out loud in front of the class.

·
ಠ_ಠ
658 Posts
I'd rather be emotionally sensitive than a whiz kid any day... I would never look down on someone due to test grades. Test grades don't measure how down to earth a person is, or who they are, or what they like. I think we can all agree stereotypes suck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.