Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this problem.. i dread public speeches and so on, my hands start to shake.. the minute i notice that happening they shake even more, i start to lack air and i get speechless, i know most of you probably experience that too, what methods do you use to ease your nervousness? i will probably need to start to deal with it cause i have high school ahead of me with presentations and stuff.. so it's a really big problem for me right now

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah, i know the feeling! although it isn't quite as severe. An easy and maybe quite obvious method would at least try breathing in for 10 seconds, then out for 10 seconds. im sorry its not much of any advice, but i hope u can get through it somehow. good luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Control your breathing first, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth (I think) and try to avoid having negative thoughts.. Whenever I get so nervous about something I start saying to myself in my head, "I am strong, I am confident, I will get through this", stuff like that and just keep repeating it.. Hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts