Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is my first post =]...... Wish me luck!

I like to day dream alot , and in these daydreams i have created my own littel world where im somone different and am happy and feer to do thing i wouldnt in real life.
-I created friends in my head , I give them names and looks or might base them off of someone ( dont have schizophrenia btw)
-I live somewere different
-Look different
-Make up different senarios and play them out in my head ( almost like a story and im the main charactor)

Sometimes i feel that i daydream and go into my own littel world to often.
When ever im feeling depressed i go to my own littel world
It distractrs me from things that are bothering me and helps me cope for a bit

Its not disrupting my school work or ability to focus so is it ok to continue?
Does anyone else do this to or am i crazy or do i have an overactive imagination or what ??

·
Registered
158 Posts
No, it`s a little bit out of the "ordinary" but it is also quite normal.
Nothing wrong with it. As long as you know they are not real, then you are fine.
However, if you see signs or anything, drop that ****. Don`t let it get to fictional or important to you if you understand what I mean

·
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT
1,006 Posts
I do this a lot lol. I don't actually SEE them but I think about them in my head especially when I'm trying to fall asleep. I think the only reason I'm still completely sane is because I resort to my daydream lives when I feel like ending it all or overwhelmed and sick of things.

Sometimes I even sit here and talk aloud as if I'm having a conversation with someone from one of my "daydreams". If anyone caught me, it'd be super awkward lol...

·
Smexy
3,551 Posts
Live your imagination.

·
berp
1,480 Posts
no i dont think it crazy cuz i do sort of this too my reasoning is cause we dont experience that joy yet we create or imagine what life would be like to do that in the real world as you said. I usually like to think of it as that person would of been me if i hadn't had social anxiety or what could be ya know...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think you should stop. I understand that is a way to spice up your life but I also think that you could develop serious psychological conditions if you are not careful.

Try to find someone to talk to, either in real life or online. You can call toll-free numbers where nice people will talk to you for as long as you like.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
IMO, if it's not disrupting your ability to function in life (and you claim that it isn't), then it's okay. Many people do it. I've been doing it my entire life, except for me, I daydream about my characters and stories...I myself don't figure in my daydreams, for the most part.

Just make sure to continue paying attention to real life, too. :)

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Ok so this is my first post =]...... Wish me luck!

I like to day dream alot , and in these daydreams i have created my own littel world where im somone different and am happy and feer to do thing i wouldnt in real life.
-I created friends in my head , I give them names and looks or might base them off of someone ( dont have schizophrenia btw)
-I live somewere different
-Look different
-Make up different senarios and play them out in my head ( almost like a story and im the main charactor)

Sometimes i feel that i daydream and go into my own littel world to often.
When ever im feeling depressed i go to my own littel world
It distractrs me from things that are bothering me and helps me cope for a bit

Its not disrupting my school work or ability to focus so is it ok to continue?
Does anyone else do this to or am i crazy or do i have an overactive imagination or what ??
You're not alone. I even write stories about myself when it comes to this so-called "craziness" like this (if I'm in the mood)..I always still day dream about myself still being shy though. But, in mines, I picture friends who do not toss me to the side when it comes to social-interation attempts, having many scenarios, having a job, and even having somewhat of a bf. I zone out when in class, when riding in a car with family or in anxious social situation, in my bed, and when I am depressed. It numbs out the pain from loneliness sometimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to do this a lot as a teenager. It did make me feel happier as I could put myself into and get out of any situation I felt like. I have stopped naturally as I got older but I see no reason for you to stop as long as it doesn't consume you.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
I think you should stop. I understand that is a way to spice up your life but I also think that you could develop serious psychological conditions if you are not careful.

Try to find someone to talk to, either in real life or online. You can call toll-free numbers where nice people will talk to you for as long as you like.
I agree with this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts